Milwaukee, WI

Yeah, I have similar sentiments to e.s.c.  But the hardware for MIDI IN would be readily available in this case.  An audio interface might really provide high quality sound as well.  Only time (and Marc wink ) will tell, but I really like the control layout on this guy.  smile

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

very true. lol

regarding psp w/ midi support.. once we achieve that there is no need to mess with other hardware. haha

Last edited by low-gain (Aug 24, 2010 12:25 am)

IL, US

midi in for piggy is of no interest to me, and im fine with the psp sound quality smile

San Francisco
low-gain wrote:

and a microphone smile

all we need is an app that would allow you to do sampling via microphone jack or perhaps a modified "line input" or via usb to audio interface. which would allow you to sample and save as .wav or .aiff and then switch over to lgpt and load your recently made samples

THIS.

Italy

From what I see software is not cross-compatible between the GP2X F100/200  the WIZ and the Caanoo. So far it appears that LittleGPtracker hasn't even been ported to the Wiz... so it may take ages for it to reach the Caanoo... but maybe I'm wrong...

Minneapolis

If *someone* would release his source code it would hit Wiz and Caanoo pretty quickly, all that it would probably need would be some tweaking and a recompile. AFAIK the major differences are in the dependencies and where in the OS various things are stuffed, as they share many other similarities. Kinda like porting between distros.

Milwaukee, WI

Could this work?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=59952

Minneapolis

Umm, that is cool. Very much so. big_smile

Earth

Bump!
First Piggy Caanoo version :-)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/323652/lgpt_caanoo.rar
Thanks to Marc Nostromo.

Last edited by Ermangaver (Jan 4, 2011 5:09 am)

New York City

The Caanoo is an amazing little console. I got it a week ago and it's fantastic.
Minor complaints aside, it's a keeper. I'm selling my GP2X.

Philly, PA, USA

I might have to get one of these...

San Francisco

8gb.... review...?

Minneapolis

I don't own a Caanoo, but I have a friend who does. My take: it's a powerful little beast. It can run things which I only dreamed of doing on GP2X. The case is much improved, battery life is actually usable now, and the screen is quite nice too. Analog nib is a minor gripe when playing things like 2d fighters, but that's why I have a Neo Geo arcade system. smile If I hadn't just got myself a Zipit Z2 (and if I had enough to buy a Caanoo, which I won't for a while) I'd consider one.

New York City

I am busy, dude. Can't do it until I stop being busy.
Real life yo.

San Francisco
arfink wrote:

I don't own a Caanoo, but I have a friend who does. My take: it's a powerful little beast. It can run things which I only dreamed of doing on GP2X. The case is much improved, battery life is actually usable now, and the screen is quite nice too. Analog nib is a minor gripe when playing things like 2d fighters, but that's why I have a Neo Geo arcade system. smile If I hadn't just got myself a Zipit Z2 (and if I had enough to buy a Caanoo, which I won't for a while) I'd consider one.

Sounds cool!!!! tanx.

akira^8GB wrote:

I am busy, dude. Can't do it until I stop being busy.
Real life yo.

i understand. i am just an impatient whore trying to get paid before i do the work.

PARIS

Got mine last week.. bit disappointed by sound with Mame4all. But I haven't studied all parameters yet smile