New York City

The emulators need a bit of work, for example, most are straiht ports and have no support for overclocking, which is needed. You can overclock teh Caanoo safely to 800Mhz.

Picodrive remains the supreme emulator for Caanoo.
Also, it seems like the release flow has stalled, sadly. I am a bit disappointed with that.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Mar 3, 2011 4:01 pm)

PARIS

yeah.. but I'm not a big Genesis/Megadrive Fan.... anyway as long as I can play to Psychic 5 and Gaplus, I'm happy smile

New York City

I tried mame4all yesterday and I was pretty impressed at some games that did work decently like the Capcom games or Feveron. Problem with games like Feveron is that they NEED rotation. I don't know why this is not supported.
I been trying GP2X software with Ginge lately, most of teh emulators don't work but apps like Pikix or games like Cave Story (drool) do.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Mar 4, 2011 1:18 pm)

PARIS

What do you mean by "rotation"?? you can set the screen to noraml, horizontal scaled, vertical and vertical scaled (but using the start/select buttons as triggers is a bit tricky).. smile

New York City

Oh that is ow you rotate it? Confusing. I'll try it xD
That button config does sound stupid though. Can't you just rotate the otehr dirction and use the analog+buttons?

PARIS

It's analog + the 2 small rectangular buttons below it.. and they're just a bit too small for my fingers smile

New York City

I just picked one up and have been running the milkytracker port through Ginge. It runs great but the lack of touchscreen compatibility makes it useless as a composing tool currently. Awesome for playback though.

I'm really interested in replacing my C64 in my live setup with a midi keyboard running out of the Caanoo with all of the Cynthcart sounds either as samples or using a C64 emulator and the cynthcart rom. If anyone has any input on if my ideals are possible... I'd love you. I really know very little concerning actual technical shit.

New York City
goonzy wrote:

It's analog + the 2 small rectangular buttons below it.. and they're just a bit too small for my fingers smile

No, you use the 4 buttns. I tested this with Dangun Feveron, you DO NOT use the start/select buttons!

The C64 emulator has not been ported to Caanoo unfortunately (yet) and it does not work under Ginge. You should use LGPT for now.

West Yorks, UK

so then, other than the sexy look, and easily avilible tv out cable (as opposed to gp2x- guh!) is there any reason to buy one of these?
ive already got a gp2x, wouldnt mind picking one of these up if theres likely to be something worth running on it.
any new music apps in the pipeline?

New York City

It's much faster. The GP2x is slug pace compared to this.
It's even faster than the PSP.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Mar 16, 2011 1:32 pm)

Ciudad de méxico, MX
arfink wrote:
low-gain wrote:

More importantly... it has USB! you know what that means. :-D

Yeah, you can load up your Munchausen cart on the go!

Totally of-topic, but this means that you can use your dingoo to load the Munch.?

Philly, PA, USA

Reading these things makes me want a caanoo even more... hmmm I may have to get one sometime soon...

PARIS

I just realised that for Mame4all, the best results were obtained using Double Buffering instead of vsync... now most of the games, even "rich ones" run flawlessly without any frame loss... that's ace... however, I can't get one of my fave ones to un correctly (Raiden).. must have a bad dump.gotta do myself a cool SNES rom cards too ))

So yeah, Pixls, this little beats has got guts :

I thinnk Ill start experimenting witn nLöve to some classic demo remakes (as I do on flash)... this seems to be rather achievable een for a coding novice like me.

B TW, if there's any flash coders around, don't hestitate to PM me (and Pixel artits too smile)

West Yorks, UK

so any word on midi devices/ software for the caanoo?

as i put in the piggy tracker thread, i was hoping for some kind of midi player for gp2x and piggy to midi, however given that its much more likely on the caanoo, given the usb host,id happily pick one up if theres some nice midi/ audio softwares in the works.

anyone round here got programming skills? wink

Last edited by Domu (Mar 25, 2011 4:23 pm)

New York City

More Caanoo good news, fellas:
http://truechiptilldeath.com/blog/2011/ … or-caanoo/

Liege Belguim

UP UP !!!info from firestARTer!! :
"OK,i got the CAANOO here and get Midi-Output. I have to test if the latencies
are fine, but it looks good so far.
One thing is that it seems that GPH removed the power-pins from the EXT port
which means that we would need to get power from the USB port next to it.
So a splitter cable would be needed between the EXT-PORT and the USB-Port to get
the old Midi-Interface running. Also the pinout of the EXT port is different so
some pins from the old midi-interface have to be changed.
I will check on the latencies and put the plans online.
Next will be the USB-Only tests then..."

Link: http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/li … ssage/2004

Wouhou!! big_smile