IL, US

^ hahahah

uhajdafdfdfa

apparently you should just wait a few years and then give new members unhelpful comments and criticize them for asking innocent questions wink

i think that your music will probably market itself if it's good enough.

e.g. peeR (i think that's the right capitalization) who didn't "release" anything and just had a bunch of mp3s in a folder online, but still managed to get fairly well known anyway

tony thai who doesn't start threads here or 8bc and doesn't release EPs at 8bitpeoples, but still everyone knows who he is

so the best tactic is probably to make some special music and then hide it somewhere that you think someone might stumble across it. you could also try starting threads when you make albums, putting links to your songs around, etc, i don't think it'd hurt unless it's to an extreme where people think you're a spammer.

IL, US

^ i dont believe i know who tony thai is

uhajdafdfdfa

oh sad

he should have started more threads

A gray world of dread

peer has a release on Pause, though.

Edit: oh you used past tense. sorry, itchy posting finger

Last edited by µB (Oct 1, 2010 11:29 am)

Jessup, Maryland

"FFS... I'm going to say two things"
ok thnx

"Learn how to use the quote function"
hmmmm nay

New York City

Somebody deal with the troll, please.

Philly, PA, USA
Piksel Blue wrote:

"Learn how to use the quote function"
hmmmm nay

by purposefully ignoring people and refusing to help yourself you are making yourself increasingly unwelcome here.

akira^8GB wrote:

Somebody deal with the troll, please.

lolusa
herr_prof wrote:

this is unhelpful:

And the agenda just got 3x more confusing

Jessup, Maryland

"by purposefully ignoring people and refusing to help yourself you are making yourself increasingly unwelcome here."
i haven't ignored anyone and i simply ask a perfectly reliant question as to how i could get my music heard and i am certainly not a troll.
i can see where this conversation is heading and im not going to acknowledge you or akira anymore.

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

No one is going to listen to your music if you make an ass of yourself

BK

There's an unspoken rule here (which i guess should be spoken more often, as we see it inadvertently broken all the time by new members) that people on this forum expect newcomers to do a little searching on their own before posting a question which could be answered to some extent by a simple google search. As weird as it sounds, google is often your best friend when it comes to answering questions like that. I understand you probably wanted the chip perspective on it, which is fine, but people like to see proof that the newcomers aren't just showing up expecting to be spoonfed all the answers.
The Crystal Castles and Covox references are jokes related to past chiptheft. We like to joke about that from time to time here. It helps us get over the hurt.
Honestly, Plainflavored's list is a great place to start.  Ant1's comments are great too.  I will also add this - try and network with like-minded musicians.  Go to shows, shake hands, make friends. From there, book shows, play shows, get people to film it, put it online, put out a record, promote the record on forums...just look at what other people have done promotion-wise and try and do something similar.
Good luck.

IL, US

face to face networking is really the most enjoyable way..since youre in maryland, perhaps you can get in touch with dauragon c mikado, as he's a d.c. guy, cant think of any others currently in maryland/dc area..a few guys are in virginia though

Chicago IL
ant1 wrote:

]
tony thai who doesn't start threads here or 8bc and doesn't release EPs at 8bitpeoples, but still everyone knows who he is

who the fuck is tony thai?

Jessup, Maryland
Kris k wrote:

There's an unspoken rule here (which i guess should be spoken more often, as we see it inadvertently broken all the time by new members) that people on this forum expect newcomers to do a little searching on their own before posting a question which could be answered to some extent by a simple google search
Good luck.

oh i see
sorry about then just thought this would be the best place to ask
again im brand new

Last edited by Piksel Blue (Oct 1, 2010 8:38 pm)

Unsubscribe

HE SPOKE THE UNSPOKEN RULE!