Winter Haven, FL
HPizzle wrote:

from what ive heard of the entries so far they are all pretty amazing. i prob wouldve lost anyway lol.

Ehhh, it's not about winning. Finish it and post it, Kevvy heart

Yeah dude, when you have it finished post it somewhere and link us to it smile. Also, this compo is almost getting to the point where you could announce 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place ect. Without it being completely arbitrary tongue.

Chepachet, Rhode Island

So many good songs.  For realz.

And god...dammit I'm In the Lead/Oh Crap...I was waiting for some ridiculous 20 seconds...

PS: Half speed DMG crystal and 2 pro sound mods have arrived...just need to order a second cart and your wish for more low end will be granted.  Thanks for the kind words, fellas!

Keep this shit up!

Last edited by 8-Bit-Rex (Apr 30, 2011 11:34 pm)

You're gonna sound insane with that setup! big_smile

8BR: I'm dying to hear you with low end haha. I'm gonna explode!

And those 20 seconds could have been more intense haha...sorry guys sad

Winter Haven, FL

It may have been more intense... w/out that FL breaks preset. tongue

Hahaha that wasn't a preset tongue It was dblue glitch on an amen break I found haha.

Moncton, Canada

rex I'm pretty jealous I won't lie. We should collab on some lsdj stuff man

Yeah rex, your instruments make me want to cry. They sound like a fist of jagged razorglass.

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Glad you guys are pumped. Makes me feel warm a fuzzy inside. As for collabing, we can definitely in the future. I'll get at you.

We should all do an EP together, I'm down.

Chepachet, Rhode Island

EP of these songs would be fantastic...We can take the top 1 or  2 in each comp or something and throw it in a release (just to cut down the amount of songs as well as encourage people to visit the comp in the future).  Get some artwork in there as well since (especially for this Comp#6...holy shit...) the themes would go so well with artwork.  Plus it's a way to get artists involved if they're interested in throwing a little something together as a donation and/or provide more theme inspiration.  I'm all about this little group we've started (thanks to Arlen) to grow larger and bring in those who are proficient in music/art as well as excited beginners pumped about their new hobby (...me)

PS: I'm so pumped that the difference between the artists entering these is SO distinct.  They range from precise and calculated, to spaztic and dangerous...and from pretty to gritty.  Your Konami style, 2Player, brings a grin to my face everytime...shit's great.  The way Kommisar fills out songs with a long and varying melodyline is amazing.  Jredd single handedly got me interested in beepola.  Everyone else sounds great as well and I'm excited to see more from you Frostbyte since while this comp's entry was...weird...I'm very interested hear more following its style with more structure.

Last edited by 8-Bit-Rex (May 1, 2011 4:53 pm)

Rhode Island

Let's not forget about you Rex. Crazy LSDJ skills.

Rhode Island

Oh, plus I'm really looking forward to hearing your 2xDMG work. If you need help with the underclock or putting a switch in for it I'd be glad to lend a hand

big_smile!! Glad I could peek your interest for beepola man! It's such an underrated tracker! Easy to use, with a distinctive sound that's far more flexible than it seems at first glance big_smile. It's got many synth engines too. So it's more like several trackers in one tongue.

I'm so dumb guys, I somehow messed up backlighting my DMG XD. Next compo's gonna have to be FamiTracker again sad

And thanks Rex, I appreciate the compliment! My next entry should be a lot better than that one...that was really really bad haha. And everyone, this is so much fun and great and awesome and yeah, let's not stop.

BWC 4 LYFE