Chepachet, Rhode Island

A couple artists and I have been throwing around the idea involving an original soundtrack for a non-existing NES game.
(note: Doesn't mean all music must COME from a NES)

It will be open to all who would like to participate barring we have enough small themes to go around.

The MAIN theme for now will be styled along the lines of Konami combined with Capcom.
We will stick to this main theme to prevent tunes from straying to far in different directions.

Listen to what Inspired thisHere

These are just some ideas to get this rolling.  PLEASE POST ANY OTHER IDEAS you may have and they will more than likely be added.

List of themes:

- Intro company logo sound  X
- Introduction sequence X
- Title screen
- Character select
- Password entry screen
- World select and/or Stage select X
- Stage
     + Ice ~
     + Forest X
     + Cave ~
     + Lava  X
     + Desert Facility  X
     + Future X
     + Horror X
     + Underwater X
     + Air
     + etc.
- Miniboss
- Boss ~
- Get a weapon screen
- Item shop screen X
- Pause screen
- Continue screen
- Game over screen X
- Mini cutscene 1 X
- Mini cutscene 2
- Final boss
- Victory
- Credits

Discussion Topics:

- Artwork?
- Release details?

When the compilation is in its later stages we can worry about the details of its release (label/private...free/donation/set price).  This would of course be left up to the artists to discuss and decide. 

I would also love to have some original artwork put together for it so if there are any takers please go right ahead!

EDIT:

* Chosen themes are marked by ~'s
* Locked themes are marked by X's 
       (It's just a way to promote compositions following the free themes and allow me to better organize entries.)
* Relevant tunes should loop twice then fade and run a total length from 2:00 - 3:00 minutes.
* No fakebit or Beepola (sorry)
* Tunes MUST follow the main theme using any software/hardware that sounds like the NES.
       (LSDJ, Famitracker, Midines, blahblah)
* Please refrain from posting your songs publicly.  Once the songs are all collected, we can throw out a couple teasers, then release the entire OST

Last edited by 8-Bit-Rex (Jun 27, 2011 4:25 pm)

Rhode Island

Can we write multiple tracks for this? I think looping 2x and fading is the way typical OSTs are it out. I am obvi on board for a konami/capcom style. What trackers/hardware? I'll be giving mp3s recorded from NES but will DMG tracks be showing up or would that be for another comp altogether?

Of course you grab the horror one tongue

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Even though I don't have a problem with fakebit I'd say that's out as well as Beepola (sounds too different).  I think Midines, LSDJ, Fami, stuff like that would all be fine.  Really as long as one can get a konami/capcom style out of it, medium doesn't matter. 

And yes lol...I threw the red X next to that one before I even finished the list.

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

Can I baggsie Underwater please? big_smile
And agreement with 2player on the 2x loop then fade.
Famitracker all cool? And am I allowed to use the MMC5 module or do I gotta stick to 4 channels?
And on a final note if you need somewhere to put it, whether I end up involved or not I'd be happy to put it up on Pxl-Bot smile

Chepachet, Rhode Island

X'd...Whatever you'd like to use for your tune go ahead as long as it fits the style.  And noted about Pxl-Bot.  I'll also be in touch soon about the Weekly/Bi-Weekly releases.

Rhode Island

Your inbox is gonna be flooded with unheard tracks of mine

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

Sick, looking forward to hearing from you smile
I'll start on this pretty quick sharp, probably have my track done by the end of the week
Edit: Psyched.

Last edited by AndrewKilpatrick (Jun 6, 2011 9:06 pm)

Milwaukee, WI

I think this is a pretty cool idea.  I'll give ice a shot.  I think it would be pretty neat if this was all NES instrumentation, so that's what I'm gonna do. smile

Ha ha, my track for the last compo already sounds like an intro/title Ha ha ha!  If nobody else wants it, you could chuck that up there for a title...or would you like completely new stuff from everybody. That's cool too, I might take a shot at some kind of boss theme wink.

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Completely new!

Moncton, Canada

In. :3

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Also, If you'd like to do multiple songs please do so...however I'd love to get a maximum of 2 songs by each artist in the compilation unless for some reason this doesn't get the attention I expect it to in the next month or whatever.

Winter Haven, FL

BOSS.

I'll take the company logo sound if you want.

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Thanks Frostbyte...I'm actually really looking forward to what you come up with for that!

No problem dude big_smile Does it have to be on NES? Or can I use my trusty ol' gameboy?