Chepachet, Rhode Island
Frostbyte wrote:

Can I take "etc."?

lulz. But really, what are you referring to there?

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Sorry I couldn't resist, haha.
Basically if there are any other level ideas that come to mind, go for it.

Brazil
8-Bit-Rex wrote:
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

I like this idea

Thanks!

Now where's my chippy?

I liked the idea, not going to send any song - i have no time, actually.
But I might do something like this in the (near?) future!

Chepachet, Rhode Island
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:
8-Bit-Rex wrote:

Thanks!

Now where's my chippy?

I liked the idea, not going to send any song - i have no time, actually.
But I might do something like this in the (near?) future!

Yeah no problem of course! Thanks for the comments and if all goes according to plan with this OST...maybe I'll set up round 2.

I'll save a spot for ya, haha wink

Venezuela

did i hear Konami/Capcom???... come on guys!!! sad(((( dont you guys think it's a bit lame been on the 2011?, sad

i would love to hear some NON Konami/Capcom style OST....  atleast it will propose new stuff on and old sound... tongue

and dont take me like a bad or something, i just wanna hear "new" stuff on NES/Fami. In any case, i would like to hear the final result big_smile

I actually agree with ui, this would be much more original and probably more "epic" sounding! Let's try to do this with newer styles of music and see what kind of beautiful game we make big_smile

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Thanks ui!

I definitely hear you on that.  If this goes well, I would love to continue pushing releases in the future, at which point, it would DEFINITELY deviate from Konami/Capcom.  This being the first (That I have done as well as some of the artists helping out) I figured we'd stick to something familiar (plus it wasn't necessarily MY brainchild...a couple of us threw the idea around) so this one is more or less a "trial run" of sorts with an idea we all thought would be fun as hell.

Long story short...Cap/Kon this time...?/? next time tongue

Last edited by 8-Bit-Rex (Jun 9, 2011 7:19 pm)

Cute ;D.

Rhode Island

A original nintendo produced game sound track would be cool. RPG or side scroller style no DPCM. Just a thought for the next

Madison, Alabama
2PLAYER wrote:

A original nintendo produced game sound track would be cool. RPG or side scroller style no DPCM. Just a thought for the next

RPG or side scroller would be fun.  I'd like to try a cheery, mario-esqu side scroller.  Something with bouncy major key music with.  Maybe a polka or circus lilt to it.  Sure you could still have the spooky underground stage music, but making maddeningly cheerful or cute music could be a blast.

I really like this idea! And hey, if this compilation goes as well and comes out as bad ass as I think it will... maybe try sending it to these guys?

http://ubiktune.org/about

Or this guy is looking for some albums to release....

https://8bc.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=25134

Yeah I don't know... ubiktune has especially awesome music on it. Not that I don't think we are awesome....but if there is some fake bit it'd have to be pretty convincing I'd imagine...

I don't know, I'm just throwing ideas out there. Still. being on a compilation album with you guys as a release for ubiktune would be god damn spectacular. That'd really have people checking out our compos...:D.  Thoughts?

smile

Rhode Island

Ooo yes ubiktune, they've hosted so many great comps

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Alright I'll get in touch with them sometime soon and see what's up.

REALLY great tracks so far, fellas.  KEEP THAT SHIT COMING!

Also.  Majority rules (Please PM me...I don't want to clutter up this thread)
             - Do I keep songs secret from the artists that enter? (Would be fun to hear them all new when It releases)
             - Or do Iy send the artists involved the tracks as they come in?

Milwaukee, WI

Woo!  Finals week is over.  Now I can get started!

Finals week is starting :'(