Hello, i am new here, i didn't see anywhere to introduce myself, so since this seems to be the one reason i came here and signed up, i'll do it here. tongue

Hello, i am Cosmo, i am a friend of JRedd, he invited me here to potentially contribute some music, i already got one going, it's a kind of of select sounding theme if you will. smile

Hey, Welcome buddy! Glad you could join us. big_smile

Hey Cosmo! Glad you joined! There's a great group of people here, and I'm sure we're all excited to work with you!

So like, I had to do a system restore to re-install norton antivirus on my computer *long story*. But anyway everything is pretty much fine except for I lost the famitracker song I was working on sad.  Also, tomorrow I'll be on a train headed down to California  and staying around a week or so. So if you notice a sudden absence of me from a compo or 2 that'd be why.

However...I was wonder if I could use DS-10 on something? It's basically a sequencer that imitates a really old analogue synth....and I am pretty sure if I program it right it could sound close to NES/Gameboy. And I'll have lots of time to compose on the trips there and back. I don't know...just a though ha ha.

Winter Haven, FL

My question... if it's supposed to be an NES themed fake OST of sorts.. then why aren't you solely accepting FT submissions? It is without a doubt super-true to said sound. I understand that some people use Apples... but there are ways around that. Just wondering...

I don't know, I think people just work better within certain programs and in the right hands many programs can sound NES like in the right hands.

Rhode Island

Opposed to real hardware?

Winter Haven, FL
Jredd wrote:

I don't know, I think people just work better within certain programs and in the right hands many programs can sound NES like in the right hands.

Like ya said "NES-like." I don't know... I thought that the idea behind any recent collaboration with this group of people was more about challenging one's self. And afterall, it's supposed to be an NES track... not a GB track. smile

2PLAYER wrote:

Opposed to real hardware?

Obviously not. I forgot what your weapon of choice was. Fortunate bastard!!!

Last edited by Nestrogen (Jun 21, 2011 3:07 pm)

Chepachet, Rhode Island

No DS-10. LSDJ accepted.  Famitracker accepted. Midines accept.  I respect all of you, but dear god I want to go at least a week without reading an "authenticity" related discussion in these forums. 

The tracks submitted so far are amazing.  I need to catch up a bit with uploading them to the soundcloud.  Super super busy last and this week.

Keep the tracks comin'.  Love ya, babes!

Rhode Island

Yes I have been super busy this past week. Hopefully I will get some time in on Friday. I have a couple tracks that I need to touch up and record.

I just wrote something today, but i strongly doubt you would hear any Electric Children type house stuff in an NES game, so I'll try again haha.

Okay, I got the Logo sound down, and I'm working on a track for an Air level. I'll send you the logo sound asap to you email, 8br!

Rhode Island

got a jungle fortress theme coming your way in a bit 8BR

Chepachet, Rhode Island

We're halfway there guys. 

Those of you who have requested a theme and have not sent me anything PLEASE UPDATE ME!  No worries if you can't continue with the project.  I just need more accurate numbers for those who can participate.

I've claimed Introduction Sequence and Horror...Everyone else who has submitted ONE song may now submit an additional one so SNATCH THAT SHIT UP, FELLAS!

Also, I've been doing artwork for a game development project I have going on the side (don't worry...I didn't make this comp to sneak myself music for it) and It is going very well....which means I'll be doing artwork for this release.  PLEASE throw some ideas or suggestions at me.  This is OUR soundtrack so I want the artists' input on this!

Lata' babes.

Last edited by 8-Bit-Rex (Jun 28, 2011 1:26 pm)

I'm still participating! I'll send you the raw logo sound and I'll try some Famitracker stuff to see what I can come up with.

For the art, maybe we can do like a pixel art NES cartridge?

Rhode Island

Well if thats the case, we would need some name for the game