Camden, London

The Blue Room in Blackpool, 2007. After a reshuffle i ended up playing 2nd to last, instead of first as planned. A guy told me to play some R'n'B while i was up there, and i made about 10 seconds of eye contact with the audience. In retrospect i wouldn't've taken my drink onstage. It's hard to drink while people watch 

France

My first gig was yesterday, it was so awesome! People who came didn't know anything in Chipmusic but they enjoyed a lot my work! I love this part of our work... big_smile

Last edited by Bleepshit (Jan 31, 2010 8:29 pm)

Anaheim, California

glad you had a good first gig Bleepshit

France

Yes! Hope the next will be as good as this one

Newcastle, UK

My first and only gig I've ever played was at a house party to about 6 of my friends and a few people I didn't know, ended up live jamming on my groovebox alongside a nanoloop drone while I hammered the retrigger on a chipbreak track, throw in some heavily drunken antics, a few questionable substances and you have my first and only gig as Teh Forsterer. I havent done much chip based things since, everything was lost in the great hard drive crash of 09', I've been mainly taking the glitched noise loli break ambient route these days.

What a great way to make a debut and play my first full set!

Although, I think my set was a disaster. Pretty drunk, still nervous in spite of said drunkenness, long pauses between songs, etc.

The music was good though. The flier is by this awesome dude named minusbaby.

IL, US
disassembler wrote:

What a great way to make a debut and play my first full set!

Although, I think my set was a disaster. Pretty drunk, still nervous in spite of said drunkenness, long pauses between songs, etc.

The music was good though. The flier is by this awesome dude named minusbaby.

you did fine
no debating that you were smashed, though

Olympia, WA
IAYD wrote:

Bible Belt Bitfest -- 1919 Hemphill in Fort Worth, TX on July 26th 2008.

It was really fun. The lineup was Sievert, Talk To Animals, Low-Gain and myself. Mine and Sievert's first chip show and Aimee's first time performing as Talk to Animals. Wasn't sure at all how it was going to go -- but it was nice and it was great meeting everyone. Amiga Agia came down with Logan and dot.Fortune drove in from Dallas. Small turnout. Maybe 35-40 people at the peak of the night?

I wouldn't have worn that stupid jacket in that weather, I would've figured out how to work my mixer (and prevent the popping that happened), and I wouldn't have played for so long. (I remember going over by at least 15 minutes, ouch)

It was great! smile

Mine was October 17th, 2007, 1919 Hemphill St. w/ MC Router (Boo!) and Cheap Dinosaurs. I played for about 10 people! Huzzah! That wasn't my first public performance in other bands though, my first show was in a pop punk band called The Eugenes, and that was 2001!

Hello everybody,

@bleepshit, excellent music on your myspace player. I love your work ! GREAT !!!
http://www.myspace.com/bleepshit

For everybody, have a wonderful and productive week-end !  heart

Cheers,

France

Thanks man! It's really nice to heard that! big_smile

Yeah Bleepshit, I am on your MySpace. You will recognize me certainly !!! wink

France

Yes, I saw! ^^

IL, US

@jikoo & Bleepshit: we have private messaging here, for future reference smile

Ok ! Thx a lot.

Wellington, NZ

Someday when i'm older i'll do some live jamming on guitar with famitracker. Nobody here in Nz appreciates Chiptune that much :l

Sheffield, UK

i had my first chip gig a couple of days ago! we had 150 odd people confirmed, but then it snowed and only 40 poeople turned up. Was a great night! i just headbanged lke a manic accompanied by an occasional fist pump! Got everyone on stage to dance to my last song (which went really well). ended up doing a collab with my homeslice harley, dropping some mc skillz about pu**y, pokemon and warhammer. all in all it was a fantastic night.

if i was to do it again id probably chat a little less drunken crap inbetween songs! and probably abuse shonen a little more!!!! tongue