Chicago IL

you could always try to whip up a hackintosh and test it?

i know that wont be cheap either, just reaaalllly want a mac version.

Canada

Man I wish I had the time/knowledge to help you out with the mac sitch...

Re-downloaded and the muting is working:) Thanks!

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Well, my mother has a new Toshiba notebook, and it has Hardware virtualization, maybe I can run a Mac VM there.

Last edited by Delek (Oct 13, 2012 1:52 am)

São Paulo, Brazil
Delek wrote:

Well, my mother has a new Toshiba notebook, and it has Hardware virtualization, maybe I can run a Mac VM there.

YES PLEASE.

Buenos Aires, Argentina

A user reminded me that Defle do not have SSG-EG control for the YM2612, so I added it, and it is correctly implemented with all 8 shapes, not as in VGMMM (you can hear that the shapes are the same 3 in Shiru's program, but actually there are 8).

NEWS:
Added SSG-EG Controls to the YAMAHA YM2612.
Manual Updated.
Both Windows and Linux builds updated.

DOWNLOAD

Canada

Whenever I playback the vgm's I export, my sample track doesn't show up? Tried using Audio Overload, and Cog.
http://bannister.org/software/ao.htm
http://cogx.org/

Is this because it's not .vgz? (samples don't get compressed/packed with the vgm).

Buenos Aires, Argentina

That's because those players are really old and they do not support newer VGM files than 1.50 (DefleMask uses 1.50, 1.60 and 1.61, you could select them on the save VGM menu). The story is that VGM 1.60 added awesome features to save space while doing PCM Streaming, so DefleMask uses only that new commands to help VGM 1.60 to become the standard (and because 1.50 doing PCM Streaming is a mess).

I always recommend to use official in_vgm Winamp plugin or official VGM_PLAY standalone player. But maybe you could contact the authors of Audio Overload, and Cog to ask if they can update the support for the VGM format.

Buenos Aires, Argentina

And, btw, the DefleMask's feedback is awesome, so Defle 8 u13 is here:
NEWS:
Fixed a bug in the PC-Engine's Channels volume while using ECxx (Note Cut) effect.
Fixed the Waveform viewer layer order while loading instruments.
Fixed the position of the close instrument window button while loading instruments (it moves down too).
The instrument window now is 20% darker to avoid visual confusion with the patterns.
Fixed many GUI issues.
Removed a temp file creation.
Both Windows and Linux builds updated.

DOWNLOAD!

Canada

Great info.
Thanks Delek!

Canada

Also, I couldn't find anything in the manual about a command that will stop playback (ie: at the end of the song you want it to stop playing because it's finished:p).
Any thoughts?

Buenos Aires, Argentina

The track stops at the end if you don't have the repeat toggle.
If you want to loop you have to make the difference actually, using the Bxx - Position Jump or Dxx - Pattern Break.

Last edited by Delek (Oct 17, 2012 2:04 am)

Canada
Delek wrote:

The track stops at the end if you don't have the repeat toggle.
If you want to loop you have to make the difference actually, using the Bxx - Position Jump or Dxx - Pattern Break.

Aaaah yes, I see.
Thanks again for answering my questions, haha.
Made this with your wonderful program:
http://chipmusic.org/jansaw/music/lab-h … -deflemask
smile

Last edited by Jansaw (Oct 17, 2012 2:05 am)

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Wow that's awesome!, I want that DMF!. tongue

Canada
Delek wrote:

Wow that's awesome!, I want that DMF!. tongue

PM'd

Buenos Aires, Argentina

You are awesome!.

Btw, thanks a lot for the donation guys, this motivates me even more to produce better and new software.

To add a coin in Delek's wallet:
http://goo.gl/0xznn

Canada

I recently just added 100+ to my sample folder (jazz drumkit stuff, all resampled wavs to 16.000), but when I go to load them in the samples edit>new screen, they all don't show up (like it has a limit to the number of samples viewable/selectable). Also, and maybe because of this problem, when I click new, everything is muted but FM3 and PSG1 :S, so when I select a sample to load, it won't preview. They do when I exit out of the instrument window and unmute the channels.
I have 217 samples in the folder. I've tried re-downloading, but that didn't help.

Suggestions?