Minneapolis

Accepted. If enso accepts, I say he has to use the NES NTSC color pallet.

EDIT: and by collab- do both sides of the room have to join up? Or is that up to us?

Last edited by arfink (May 5, 2010 4:06 am)

Anaheim, California
arfink wrote:

Accepted. If enso accepts, I say he has to use the NES NTSC color pallet.

EDIT: and by collab- do both sides of the room have to join up? Or is that up to us?

Yes, one half in!  Try and make them join up the best you can, but don't worry if they don't

Minneapolis

Come on! What's taking so long Enso? If he doesn't reply tonight then... I don't know what we'll do!

Philly/NY

EDIT: Argh, just saw this now, but sorry guys, I think I'll have to pass. This upcoming week I have all my final crits for school. Anytime after that, though, and I'm down for sure.

Last edited by enso (May 7, 2010 7:20 pm)

Minneapolis

Russolo! You wanna rework this? Let's stick to single-person challenges, it seems more challenging to just get people to do this than anything else...

It'll also be nice when school is finished up and people can actually do things.

Last edited by arfink (May 7, 2010 7:39 pm)

Anaheim, California

Alright since the double challenge didn;t work  out I'll challenge Arfink.  Arfink, your challenge is to draw an tour poster for chiptune supershow with the participants of your choosing.  You must use the NES NTSC color pallet and there is no limit on size.  Make sure it reflects the style of the performers in some way.

Minneapolis

OK, I'm going to try and get this done today.

Minneapolis

Well, it's not my best effort ever, but I was crushed for time... so it's a poster for a concert starring Low-Gain and his evil twin robot:

I'm sure he'll be surprised to learn he has an evil robot twin. smile

Oh, and I didn't copy from his logo, that's my own pixels. As you can probably tell though, I need to get better/more dedicated in my work, since this is admittedly pretty lazy. I spent about 2 hours pixeling and another 20 minutes just setting up the NES NTSC color palette in GIMP.

One other thing to note: I did this pixel with my Apple IIgs and recolored to NES NTSC colors with the GIMP

Last edited by arfink (May 9, 2010 7:01 pm)

Minneapolis

And it's time for the next challenge. This one is simple, kinda.

This is an UP FOR GRABS challenge, meaning the first person to grab it gets it!

You will pixel an image of the videogame console of your choice undergoing "surgery." Think modding, only with a medical twist. smile
Also, no larger than 256x256 pixels. 10,000 bonus points if it's been pixeled on a videogame system or vintage computer.

San Luis Obispo, CA

I got this one.  smile

San Luis Obispo, CA

The Super Nintendo was very insecure in it's appearance and decided to visit the plastic surgeon. No more embarrassing purple buttons. No more blocky features.

Lamest joke ever...

Anyways, who want to be challenged next?

Minneapolis

Uggg... you could make the challenge and let someone grab it.

San Luis Obispo, CA

Next challenge is up for grabs:

-Draw a self portrait
-Monochrome palette of your choosing
-Limited to 5 colors
-No larger than 300 x 300 pixels

Cambridge, MA

EDIT: Nevermind.

Last edited by BetaSynapse (May 10, 2010 4:59 pm)

FERNDALE, MI, USA

FUCK THIS, ILL TAKE IT. i need to redeem myself? and do i have to use all five colors?

San Luis Obispo, CA
octavialsilver wrote:

FUCK THIS, ILL TAKE IT. i need to redeem myself? and do i have to use all five colors?

Yup. 5 Monochrome colors.