Fargo

I understand both sides here.  I totally think littlescale deserves the benefit of the doubt.  Everybody's heard of him.  He has some major respect among members of this community (myself included).  The work he does is innovative and directly influences the chip music scene to become something new. He is a person that deserves to be trusted.  Yet, at the same time, it doesn't seem too hard to hop on here and type "Hey guys, I've got a lot of work I'm doing and haven't had time to build additional units.  I will resume when time allows."  That'd be enough for me.  I am assuming he has a really good reason.  I'd just like to hear it from him and have him silence all this speculation.

That said, take it easy on him.  Don't spam him with a bunch of emails and things.  He's only one guy.  I can tell you I wouldn't want to come home from working my regular job and start working again on a project about which I was getting nagged.

Milwaukee, WI

/duckxylophone

matt's mind

someone correct me if i'm wrong,

but wasn't the release date posted in the thread earlier for the first batch?

and, those have all been sent out?

meaning everyone else is in on the second batch, which as of yet doesn't have a release date and is pending parts/assembly/manufacturing, right?

just wanted to address that particular point.  i think the date of release/shipment message wasn't meant for everyone, just those in the first batch.  which has happened already...  and means the waiting bit isn't as unusual as it might seem.  (i mean, i've been waiting for a couple years now for some DIY electro projects to be completed, having paid for them at least in part.  life happens, as they say).

of course, if i'm wrong about the batch differentiation bit, ignore all that...

he's a stand up guy.  and if i had his max skills i'd release $1 patches in $2 days too!

Last edited by kitsch (Oct 25, 2012 4:19 pm)

Milwaukee, WI

I don't mind waiting. I have no idea if I'm in the first or second batch because there hasn't been much of any word about anything. Too many duck xylophones and not enough information, I guess. I'd be a HUGE hypocrite to be even remotely arsed at Seb for being too busy to email.

I think the confusion is where the site says "first batch" and "first round". It's easy to assume it's the same thing, which in this case it is not.

Again, I don't mind waiting.

Last edited by TSC (Oct 25, 2012 5:15 pm)

kitsch wrote:

someone correct me if i'm wrong,

but wasn't the release date posted in the thread earlier for the first batch?

and, those have all been sent out?

meaning everyone else is in on the second batch, which as of yet doesn't have a release date and is pending parts/assembly/manufacturing, right?

No, not right.
This is all from the same batch, no orders for 2nd batch has been taken.
There has been different "rounds" after "first come first serve"
Judging from his last post, he has all the parts, and only has to build and test the last 20 or so units

Seb, 29.August
"So today I've sent out another 20 units.
This leaves approximately 20 units that have yet to be built, tested and shipped out.
I am going to attempt to build another 10 units over the next few days - I'll keep you all updated."

This is all the same batch, said to ship May 17th and then postponed: "A realistic shipping date will be  Thursday, 7th June."

I have all the respect in the world for him and his work, he's  a proper chip-wiz in my eyes
I understand that life gets in the way sometimes as well, I have a job and kids

I would just appreciate the update, I can wait for my turn as long as there is some communication

Matthew Joseph Payne

Also, my weird situation still stands, and I think I'm the only person in this situation:

I was shipped two cartridges and no interface. I sent back a cartridge and have received nothing in return.

ad-hell-aide

Hello everyone,

My deepest and sincerest apologies for the delay. I'll spare you the details of why.

Here is the current situation regarding the GenMDMs:
• I now have the majority of the remaining boards assembled - to be precise, 20 out of the remaining 24 interfaces have been constructed.
• These 20 boards will - without fail - be shipped this Friday. This will include KinectTurtle's missing interface.
• I am also offering refunds to those that are not prepared to wait any longer, just contact me via PM. A full refund will be available on this Friday.
• I will update this thread once these 20 interface have been shipped out. I will email each person as each interface is shipped out.

I am trying to rectify this problem, and this is me trying to fix things. Here is a picture from today that shows these 20 interfaces being constructed:

^^ 10k is playing Super Meat Boy while I am soldering

^^ The 20 interfaces

Fargo

As expected, a little-scale appears and settles all of this back and forth talk.  We love you little-scale!  It's good to hear from you smile  I'm glad to know where you're at and am happy to wait.

ad-hell-aide

Not a problem, Krubbz.

It's feels great to be on the road to fixing this.

ad-hell-aide

However, as I've said, if anyone is unhappy to wait, I can organise a full refund as soon as I am able to - which would be on Friday.

Tokyo, Japan
little-scale wrote:

^^ 10k is playing Super Meat Boy while I am soldering

I swear at first look I thought Tom was beating off into a wad of cash looking as pixel art on TV.

IL, US

what? isnt that how most of the people on this site masturbate?

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

What's a masturbate?

thank's for the update
great news smile

.FILTHadelphia

If anyone backs out can I have their spot?

Matthew Joseph Payne

heart