Savannah, Georgia
Solarbear wrote:

Time train?
Time train.

well i guess this thread's been derailed as of about right now, good job guys

Bristol, UK

If someone could write a list of things nanoloop can do that lsdj can't do that'd be helpful. Sound examples would be nice too.

I think we found a way for LSDJ to get the NL sine kick but the FM modulation on the S channel in Nanoloop versions < 1.3 are still non-replicable in LSDJ IMO

San Francisco

Things that lsdj can do that nanoloop cant...
I find that lsdj is just a more exact instrument to work with. everything works with very specific set quantizations and more commands can be implemented at one time or sequnced then in nanoloop. this gives you a lot of control. tables can really push out the most of your gameboys sounds.
as far as fm goes.... after nl 1.2 it disappeared. 1.5 added a extra voice to detune and phase one of the pulse waves with that was taken out from 1.6. nl 1.6 is supposed to include the fm features again tho.
other then that i feel like lsdj can make any sound that nanoloop can and do so with more accurate control.

when its all said and done tho i gotta go oldschool and cruise with flipflops. i enjoy the versatility. water and land travel no problem. carpet travel no problem. hard wood no problem. tiled no problem. tree travel no problem. tight rope no problem. underground no problem. it has a nice ride and comfortable intuitive interface.
highly recommended.