Savannah, Georgia

so i've been using LSDJ for a while and, after having a good look at nanoloop, its matrix sequencing system, and a few of its features, i'm thinking of buying it, but i'd prefer not to make an investment like that without knowing what i'm getting into. anyone with nanoloop want to testify? anything really good/bad about it?

Abandoned on Fire

Throw a demo rom on your flashcart and try it out.
Link:  http://gbdev.gg8.se/files/musictools/Ol … /Nanoloop/

If you're really into using effects commands in lsdj (as opposed to focusing only on the instrument screen) you may find you're not into it.  The overall sound possibilities are at least equal.

Gosford, Australia

The main concern imo is whether or not you like the interface for nanoloop; personally, I find it really unintuitive and difficult to use after coming from a tracker-style interface such as LSDJ. Horses for courses!

sweden

Use both.

Fargo
nordloef wrote:

Use both.

Agreed.  Both do great things.  My go-to is LSDJ, but, especially with the release of the cheaper nanoloop 1.6, you may as well try it out.  2.x is different and can achieve different sounds, but is over twice as much.  In my opinion, you can't ever have too many tools in your arsenal.

Tokyo, Japan

I wrote an FAQ here a while ago about the differences between the two. It is a bit out of date but you might want to give it a look.

yes!! and the more different things you try the more flexible your skills get.....Use everything big_smile

São Paulo, Brazil

Your tunes on nanoloop will probably be much different from the LSDJ ones. It's another way of making music, reading music and thinking music.

btw: nanoloop synched to LSDJ = ABSOLUTE FUN.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

nanoloop 2.5 on GBA micro + LSDJ on DMG = SEX

Philly, PA, USA
Analog wrote:

nanoloop 2.5 on GBA micro + LSDJ on DMG = SEX

this

PULSELOOPER wrote:

Your tunes on nanoloop will probably be much different from the LSDJ ones. It's another way of making music, reading music and thinking music.

btw: nanoloop synched to LSDJ = ABSOLUTE FUN.

once you find a way to KEEP them in sync, lol ..before that its a lot of hairpulling

Scotland

cars versus boats. discuss.

Chicago IL

cars. there isn't water everywhere.

Lexington, KY
Saskrotch wrote:

Definitive answer.

Philly, PA, USA
Solarbear wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

Definitive answer.

Actually there's a good bit of water all over, for instance in the ocean, so if you live in the ocean, then boats.

Matthew Joseph Payne

I don't like the interface in the new version of cars. Until they change it back I'm going to stick with boats.