STARDRAIN, CA

YO, im throwing together a new compolation to raise awareness of Kony.

dat nigga i wack.

send me submissions at [email protected]

Unsubscribe

Whats a kony.

STARDRAIN, CA

http://kony2012.com/

this guy.

he's a douchebag, leader of child soldier army in africa. kidnaps kids forces them to kill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc

Unsubscribe

Yea I saw the video posted before , but really just wanted a paragraph explaining what he sucks for.

hardcore, Australia

uhajdafdfdfa

my little kony, my little kony, isn't the world a lovely place
my little kony, my little kony, everywhere you go a smiling face

STARDRAIN, CA
herr_prof wrote:

Yea I saw the video posted before , but really just wanted a paragraph explaining what he sucks for.

good point, the description i gave is exxtreemely stupid.
a quick description is needed since the video is kind of long.

Joseph Kony is the leader of the L.R.A. (Lord's Resistance Army), an Army made up of Children who are kidnapped and forced to do Horrible things. these children are told that marking a cross on their chest in oil will protect them from bullets.
Basically, the KONY 2012 campaign is designed to encourage the US government to continue helping the Ugandan military by training the and advising them on how to best arrest Kony. we currently have 100 US military officials in Uganda helping, but the US Government has been talking about removing them possibly. Hopefully Kony will be captured this year.

Texas

I think this is a great idea. I'd love to submit something. Will try to get a song whipped up soon. ;P

hardcore, Australia

I know this isnt the place to discuss it but I think there are a lot of problems with this whole campaign.
The charity responsible for it aside, we are talking about a man who has basically managed to do what he does for the last 30 years. The idea that suddenly because we care about it we will find him in a year just wont work. Think of how "aware" we were of Osama bin laden and how long it took the US to successfully find him.
If anything a large scale of awareness will make him more difficult to find as he could move deeper into the jungle under threat.
The LRA operates on an almost cult level. Kony has presented himself as a force of channeling god and that is where his influence comes from (plus the guns). If he is removed, there's nothing saying that the next guy won't come along and continue to lead the group.

To be honest I'm mostly surprised that the LRA wasn't a think that most people knew about.

TL;DR - not saying the dude isn't a cunt. But stopping him is a lot more difficult than just telling your Facebook friend you want the government sending more people over there.

STARDRAIN, CA
godinpants wrote:

I know this isnt the place to discuss it but I think there are a lot of problems with this whole campaign.
The charity responsible for it aside, we are talking about a man who has basically managed to do what he does for the last 30 years. The idea that suddenly because we care about it we will find him in a year just wont work. Think of how "aware" we were of Osama bin laden and how long it took the US to successfully find him.
If anything a large scale of awareness will make him more difficult to find as he could move deeper into the jungle under threat.
The LRA operates on an almost cult level. Kony has presented himself as a force of channeling god and that is where his influence comes from (plus the guns). If he is removed, there's nothing saying that the next guy won't come along and continue to lead the group.

To be honest I'm mostly surprised that the LRA wasn't a think that most people knew about.

TL;DR - not saying the dude isn't a cunt. But stopping him is a lot more difficult than just telling your Facebook friend you want the government sending more people over there.

I thoroughly agree with this.

b4by f4c3
ant1 wrote:

my little kony, my little kony, isn't the world a lovely place
my little kony, my little kony, everywhere you go a smiling face

oh god my sides hurt after reading this one haha

Unsubscribe

Just read this:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/s … nda-297674

STARDRAIN, CA

woteva.. I'm not supporting the Invisible children "incorporation", im not raising money for them. I'm not for promoting propaganda for or against presidents or animal rights or anything, why not talk about this guy? yeah.. raising "awareness" helps "JK" know when to hide, so its like, kind of counterproductive, but the damage is already done. lets make a chiptune comp with his face on it. 
If I wanted to make an obama compolation a four or so years ago, everyone woulda been on top of it. If i had started an anti Bush compo five or six years ago everyone woulda been on my nuts. come on. of course, the "KONY 2012" video is a form of brainwashing propaganda, maybe it has some points, maybe INVISIBLE CHILDREN INC. only uses about 30% of their money to help in africa (btw the people working at invisible children are committing their whole lives to this, why CAnt they raise money to cover costs and to fund their work?)..
who cares, I still think KONY is an interesting enough topic to base a compo on.

STARDRAIN, CA

also, I feel like everyone's hatin on this stuff because its rooted from a Christian organization. peoples love to hate on christians. give it a break... facts are: kids getting killed in africa. Kony is a douche..
stopping kony will NOT do much, most of those kids probably CAN NOT go back to their families. nature is broken, stuff sucks. we're lucky to not be in that world. VERY LUCKY.

b4by f4c3

wonder if Kony uses Nano or LSDJ wink

Last edited by 8BiT404 (Mar 8, 2012 10:47 pm)

STARDRAIN, CA
8BiT404 wrote:

wonder if Kony uses Nano or LSDJ wink

he uses FATASS tracker.. on a lime green GBC.. no prosound but frontlit..