Earth

Hey I have finished an app that Id like to upload to the apple app store. It uses the music section of this website. I'm calling it 'CM Feed'. Anyway I have an issue I'd like to resolve. For the icon I've been using the pink and white chip logo that I've seen on this site and I'd like to know if I could get permission to use it. I've tried emailing trash80 but nothing yet. It's a free app and I think it's pretty handy. Here's what the icon looks like.

Let me explain also what it is. It's just a convenient way of listening to the music that get uploaded here. You can make playlists and favorite songs. It's kind of nifty. I don't know how much interest there will be in using it even but I'd like to put it out there anyway. Thanks.

Last edited by breakphase (Apr 21, 2012 1:36 am)

i'd use it

Matthew Joseph Payne
Battle Lava wrote:

i'd use it

Sweeeeeeden

See my general opinion on "apps" here: http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/95774/#p95774

What functionality will this provide? Will it actually parse the RSS feed and maybe show a number when there's new music, like Mail and Phone? If this is essentially a bookmark similar to the app in the link above, it might just easier for cm to add a <link rel="apple-touch-icon"...> definition, which gives the same result.

US

Sounds pretty cool!

Earth
nitro2k01 wrote:

See my general opinion on "apps" here: http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/95774/#p95774

What functionality will this provide? Will it actually parse the RSS feed and maybe show a number when there's new music, like Mail and Phone? If this is essentially a bookmark similar to the app in the link above, it might just easier for cm to add a <link rel="apple-touch-icon"...> definition, which gives the same result.

I understand your concern. There are many apps that don't really need to be native apps. But I think this will be more useful as a native app than just visiting a web page, or even a html 5 web app.

Currently the app is mainly useful for very quickly listening to songs, and saving them for later. Then you can use them to make playlists. You can also put it in shuffle mode, put the device to sleep and listen to random songs while you work out or something. You can use the playback controls on the lock screen to skip tracks. When you find one you like you can favorite it so you can come back to it. It would be tricky to get this from the current web site. I already have searching functionality created but will be adding it in a future release to maintain good performance on older devices. I need to optimize some things first. My initial impulse to do this was to make the music more mangeable, searchable, categorized.

I actually hadn't considered Badge notifications (the little numbers for new songs). That's a good idea.

nitro2k01 wrote:

In my opinion, the legitimate use of the word is for things that require privileges that a regular web page can't provide. Say, permanent local data storage, ability to be used offline, ability to intercept communications or interact with arbitrary web pages.

I will actually be adding all of these categories. I will be adding the ability to save mp3s on disk for offline use. That was in the plan from since the first day. I will also be adding commenting. So you can log in and leave comments for tracks you like. Another feature will be retrieving a song list for a specific artist. These features aren't too far off. They will start being pushed out pretty soon after it gets released. But I think it's useful in it's current form. Here are some screenshots.

_

Last edited by breakphase (Mar 26, 2012 3:18 am)

.FILTHadelphia

Makes me wish I had a cool phone.

BOSTON

this is pretty cool yo!

orange county, CA

this is awesome. i think i'd use this app more then my actual music on my iphone, ipod, and pandora stations honestly. it's a great way to discover new chip artist you haven't heard as well.
thumbs up to this app!

matt's mind

i like this

Texas
kitsch wrote:

i like this

Savannah, Georgia

i'll be damned if i won't use this if it's released

Tokyo, Japan
kineticturtle wrote:
Battle Lava wrote:

i'd use it

Liverpool, UK

These screeenshots will be the only time my music is relevant

Boston, MA

i was just thinking today how nice a thing like this would be. make it so!

defiantsystems wrote:

Makes me wish I had a cool phone.