I'm now going to start doing made to order customs. Both DMG and pockets. You can send me your gameboy, or I can order everything, probably cheapest for you if you send me yours, unless I have one "in stock". Pm me or email me for more info

my website:
http://maizemods.bigcartel.com

let me know what you are looking for, I can do just about anything. Think outside the box
my work:

nitro2k01: Added "Gameboy" to subject line.

Last edited by 12ianma (Mar 19, 2013 3:52 am)

Less than 10$ also forgot to mention you can get any backlight color aswell

Cleveland, OH

Nice! More people need pockets in their lives. I rarely sell them..

I think they are under appriciated

Messaged!

Why is everyone modding gameboys? With every modded gameboy there is one real gameboy gone.
And they will never be produced again. You all drive original gameboys to extinction. sad

Amity Level 2 wrote:

Why is everyone modding gameboys?

LED technology wasn't where it's at now in 1989. It's sensible to upgrade hardware.

Amity Level 2 wrote:

And they will never be produced again. You all drive original gameboys to extinction. sad

Units sold Worldwide: 118.69 million

There won't be a shortage of gameboys in our lifetime.

Louisiana
Apeshit wrote:
Amity Level 2 wrote:

Why is everyone modding gameboys?

LED technology wasn't where it's at now in 1989. It's sensible to upgrade hardware.

Amity Level 2 wrote:

Units sold Worldwide: 118.69 million

There won't be a shortage of gameboys in our lifetime.

I actually had the same mindset as you Amity when I first got into the chip scene then I realized how many had been made and sold. But still as a respective fan of the product and the fact that ONE DAY they may be all broken or destroyed or modded, I keep one grey DMG untouched one Silver Pocket untouched one lime green Color untouched one purple Advance untouched, and if I ever get my hands on some Lites I will leave one of them untouched. The silver pocket led less was the very first gameboy, actually game system at all that was actually bought for and given to me rather than a hand me down,  with Mario 6 golden coins, I broke it 5 years later after dropping it so many times and it got trashed. My grandmother that bought it for me died about 6 years ago and I wanted my gameboy back because some of my best memories with her where involved with my gameboy. I looked for one for years and finally found one about a year ago and bought it instantly and put six golden coins back into it and it now sits on my display shelf in memory of her. And now by coincidence my hobby is modding and painting gameboys and the occasional lsdj song here and there. Sorry for te long cheesy story. Back to the concern at hand there are collectors out there that are keeping them untouched, but you also have to look at what this community has done, we have brought systems back into the eyes of the public that had been long forgotten. Amiga systems, Nes, snes, and so so on are be sold, bought, traded everyday to be USED and not just collected and sat on a shelf. I think using the product rather it sitting on a shelf is the highest respect you can give it. And showing off what 20-30 year old game systems can do now by modding them is even more respect. Imagine what the creator of the Gameboy thinks or would think of he knew his design his baby of sorts is still being used 23-24 years, almost a quarter of a century, after it was made and released. I'd personally take it as a huge compliment. We have basically turned these "gaming systems" into miniature music studios. We aren't destroying the product we are upgrading them and showing off what they can do with today's technology. Okay and now I'm shutting up lol.

That's an awesome way to look at it! I do think that revamping this technology is a huge homage to the original hardware. And that's a really nice story with your grandma smile

Louisiana
Frostbyte wrote:

That's an awesome way to look at it! I do think that revamping this technology is a huge homage to the original hardware. And that's a really nice story with your grandma smile

Thanks man it's just an opinion though. As for the grandmother story it actually is even cooler. The day I found the pocket was actually the 5th year anniversary of her passing to the day. But I didn't add that because it's kind of cheesy but it was. That gameboy will never be sold never be modded and will never have another game put in it besides Mario Six Golden Coins in my lifetime. I play it every few weeks. I miss my granny. T_T lol

that is a nice story. I collect Nintendo and my collector in me hated modding play it louds at first. Then I realized they are cooler modded lol.... anyone want some pockets?

Louisiana

I might hit you up for a backlight at some point. I have a clear led less and I don't trust my self to mess with it. If I destroy it it would kill me cause original power led less pocket boards are a rare find atleast for me anyway. I've read somewhere try only made them for the first month the pocket was made not sure if it's true or not but I've only found two in all the time I've been collecting personally. How much would it be for a backlight if I provide you the pocket.. And i insist on it being a VB series light from either Apeshit or Kitsch?

Louisiana

Or I could do a trade with you or something? I dunno lol

Vb is what I will use. One of the above pockets here is a clear led-les one. The red power switch is funny in clears because you can always see the orange "on" they are quite uncommon

Two prosound boards ready to be put in cases!

Anybody? Lol