Louisiana

It's all about respect dogs.

Edit: Itz be all about da respect dawgz!

Last edited by Vex (Jun 23, 2012 4:29 am)

couple of new posts on the blog, nothing too new.
http://maizemods.blogspot.com/
new stuff yet to come, keep an eye out

Dropped price on SMT LEDs and on pre prosound PCBs. also added green pre prosound PCBs, and a white pcb with gba SP speaker
http://maizemods.bigcartel.com

Last edited by 12ianma (Jun 29, 2012 4:04 pm)

Wow, just got my hands on that pocket...so clean. Really, such a clean mod! Thank you!!

You got it man, no problem. enjoy! by the way was the screen bright as you hoped itd be?

Probably, gotta get batteries smile where's that survey at?

Sgb CPU in DMG. got bored. Had a spare sgb, had some time, got me a project.

Last edited by 12ianma (Jul 7, 2012 3:39 am)

Props to NeX for discovering this mod.  Makes a huge performance difference with mGB.
Has been one of the most challenging I have had to date.  Good job.

Louisiana

Tried this recently myself. A few days after I talked to you about the pocket screen on DMG board schematics actually. I failed horribly. About an hour and a half into it with maybe 10 pins to go on the DMG I accidentally pulled up a piece of a trace on the DMG board and can't figure out a way to fix it if it's even possible to fix it. It's one of the few traces that actually leads under the CPU rather than out and away from it. Freaking sucks T_T I wish I had a heat gun it's probably be so freaking easy if I did. Hand soldering it is a bitch though major major props if you actually did it by hand with an iron. Any tips for someone wanting to do this with an iron besides just take your time a patience because I was and I have loads of patience lol? Such as a way to actually pull the pins up or something while they are heated or just invest in a desolderer?

clovis CA

try looking at the schematic, and then look at the pin of the z80, some 30 awg wire will be a nice little save id think. OR what i like it do is get an exacto knife and scrape off the solder mask where the lead goes, flux and tin that bad boy and you got a nice little save smile

Sweeeeeeden

12ianma, the CPU position is slightly off, and I'm not completely convinced all the joints are clean and non-shorted. Was the resoldering done with an iron or hot air workstation?

Another thing, don't throw away the GB CPUs or SGB motherboards. They won't work together right away, because the SNES side of things will wait from certain boot commands. However, I've been able to send these commands from a program running on a flash cartridge, so maybe the combination SGB board/GB CPU might be of some use to someone, somewhere.

The CPUs were removed with the rework station, however I ended up using an iron to solder CPU back in (still new to the hot air) the CPU is deffinetly slightly tweaked. There are no shorts at all, and it works fine/CPU doesn't get hot.

I'm keeping the DMG CPU, but unfortunately while removing the sgb CPU about 6 pins hardened while extracting and pulled traces. I am harvesting the cart connector and the ram ICs and all other usefull chips. Plus keeping shell, May turn it into a USB flasher... Would be interesting.

Prices dropped on prosound boards and leds

new post on the blog
http://www.maizemods.blogspot.com/

The New City of York

Looks good!

I plan on trying to make my own MBC5 cart soon... im just having a hard time finding the flash chips as all of the ones on ziegler's site are end of life and cant be found anywhere

These plcc chips aren't too hard to find. Generally they run like 2$ a pop though