I'm happy to help you test building on a mac if you want. Let me know - you have my email address smile

Tokyo, Japan

I might make it my mission for the year to work out how to compilethe linux version

That reminds me of all the 64-bit issues... ugh.

Tokyo, Japan

Yah, im on 64 bit, but I will give it a try!

Hey kometbomb,

I finally got around to play a bit more with klystrack and as promised: here is an ep. smile
bod - Tracks Of The Klys

100% Klystrack

Wow, really cool. I shall take a little break from coding and listen to this.

Sounds like you used FM in this?

I tried to use everything a bit. And FM is sure in my top5 of instrument wishes, since I love old Sega consoles. smile

United States
bod wrote:

Hey kometbomb,

I finally got around to play a bit more with klystrack and as promised: here is an ep. smile
bod - Tracks Of The Klys

100% Klystrack

Nice, I wish I could do that with the pwm.

It's a cool EP, tried to spread the word a bit.

So, I got klystrack running under acceleration (it uses DirectX even, which might be a very good thing since at least the OpenGL drivers for my Nvidia kinda suck and tend to crash when changing resolutions). There is no notable difference in how much CPU it uses, according to task manager (it was around 2-5 % on my computer constantly but I don't really know how much that really is because of the whole multicore thing), but if I look at the profiling data, I can't see those font rendering routines on top of the list. It's still quite a bit of data (i.e. coordinates for the font character squares) pushing to the display driver so maybe that can be optimized also.

Tokyo, Japan

Yay! Thanks for all the work so far.

Thanks smile

@IceWolf: I could surely upload the work files, if you want them. In mod-files you could read all the stuff and look at it. I still work under this way of thinking and have no problem in handing out the files.

Also back to the topic. I'm running in 64bit and am experiencing no cpu hogging at all. Intel Core I7 HP Laptop with an nVidia GeForce 840M.

United States
bod wrote:

Thanks smile

@IceWolf: I could surely upload the work files, if you want them. In mod-files you could read all the stuff and look at it. I still work under this way of thinking and have no problem in handing out the files.

Also back to the topic. I'm running in 64bit and am experiencing no cpu hogging at all. Intel Core I7 HP Laptop with an nVidia GeForce 840M.

Ooh yes please smile

Tokyo, Japan

I would be interested in seeing them too!

Montreal, Canada

@komet
So I've just copied over r1250 to my netbook in the hopes of making some music on my balcony. Fired it up, loaded the track I'm working on, pressed play and...was assaulted by clipping and skipping. Task manager tells me it's using upwards of 80% of my CPU. So I closed it and ran r1234 instead since I remembered using it on this very computer before...and sure as hell, it ran just fine.

So I'm wondering, are you sure it's the font routine that's using so much CPU? Cause not a lot of UI stuff seems to have changed between those two versions. The only big major change was the addition of FM, isn't it? Maybe it's worth a look.

@bod
Great work man smile Nice to see other people start to use Klystrack more. Even better to see someone who also doesn't mind sharing their source files. I include them with every release I make too smile That's the way we used to do it back then! That's how I learned tracking smile

@lazerbeat
call your mom, she misses you.

n00bstar's experiences match mine, I'm afraid.