Texas

Aside from making chip music I'm a lifeguard at a city pool and trying to get certified to become a swim instructor.
Planning to go to college soon as well.
Xbox is great as well as hanging with some homiez.

So what's your life outside of making chiptune music? If you have a life...
Have a career, kids, married, still going to school, hobbies, or something that occupies most of your time?
Just curious.

UPDATE: The feeling of this thread is great! Glad i made it!

Last edited by 8-Bit Vic (Apr 25, 2012 7:05 am)

Unsubscribe

I fight cyborgs in a far off future where hope is but a laughable dream. and rest comes only to those who die valiantly in cyberbattle on a worldwide vidcast.

Washington / California

I've always wondered what many chippers do for a living.

I'm a student, studying Computer science, film, and new media.

I compose a lot of styles of music in addition to chiptune, but never finish anything

I enjoy doing improvisational comedy, small electronics projects, and reading. I also mountain bike- weather permitting (which in Washington is never).

I make short films from time to time, as well as strange short animations.

buffalo, NY

I work shitty part time work way below my skill set so I can pretend to be a rock star on the weekends

detroit

consistently being shit on by the world and always wishing for a better life. big_smile

I work in the Telecom industry. I own a record label. I drink allot of beer.

Savannah, Georgia

what's a life i don't

San Francisco

I'm studying 3D Modelling/ Animation for games in Uni.
In my spare time I enjoy a good bowl, longboarding, rocking some Counterstrike 1.6 or Source, and recently have gotten quite good at shuffleboard.
I also write non-chipmusic with a band back in Calgary, Canada called Pretty Ladies.

Czech Republic

Some shitty work (spending most of the time here in cyberspace).
Lot of musical projects in the evenings, rehealsals, playing concerts with bands and drinking a lot.
Feeding the cat and giving a water to some plants.
Collecting musical instruments. Trying to repair / broke / bent them.

sweden

I'm a bum.

San Francisco

I have a bum.

nordloef wrote:

I'm a bum.

New York City
herr_prof wrote:

I fight cyborgs in a far off future where hope is but a laughable dream. and rest comes only to those who die valiantly in cyberbattle on a worldwide vidcast.

You too?

Iowa

Studying graphic designing by day, couch potato at night with my Gameboy

Florida

I'm 25 years old. Born in February.

I used to assemble (soldering) wireless transmitters, but just landed a job doing stuff at a web hosting/design company. This is a big deal for a high school dropout. Because the former job paid next to nothing, I live in weird semi-poverty. Broken stuff stays broken.

Aside from my job, I serve somewhere in a chain of youth leaders at my church. We're going to Nicaragua this summer, so I'm pretty pumped about that. More recently I've been trying to get the youth/young adult band organized.

I live in a rural unincorporated Florida town called Homeland. We have a meat market, post office, gas station, and 75-100 homes. Horses poop in my yard and it takes forever to get anywhere. My neighbors are awesome though because they let us use their wifi.

The pipes behind one of the walls in our bathroom are messed up so we keep a basin in the sink. When it gets full we dump it into the toilet. People who know us go potty before visiting. Hahaha. Our A/C is also broken, which sucks where I live.

I drive a 1996 Plymouth Breeze that breaks every few months. Bought it for 800 and spent almost 5,000 in repairs over the past 3 years.

I've only been on one real date, and I've only kissed one girl. Virgin too. I'm picky.

I have like 6 circles of friends who live in surrounding areas and can't find any time to hang with any of them. sad

I can't tell people 'no' even though I'm overwhelmed. This causes me to shut down, so none of it ever gets finished. Here's my running to do list:

- Ship out remaining Vainglory CDs that people ordered back in September 2011. I already refunded most of the money.
- Sift through footage of my mom's family reunion and make a DVD presentation.
- Thing for C-Jeff.
- Clean my room.
- Finish making my darn games.

My sister is raaaaad. Magma and early Genesis are some of her favorite bands, so she always gets the prog nerds after her.

I think that's it.

EDIT: Wow, I sound like a baby. I need a Livejournal again.

Last edited by Jay Tholen (Apr 24, 2012 10:07 pm)

I deliver pizza and then come home and make pizza chiptunes.

Lexington, KY
danimal cannon wrote:

I work shitty part time work way below my skill set so I can pretend to be a rock star on the weekends

Priorities!

It's all lies. There is no life outside of chiptunes.
Except when I'm busy working at IBM and working on design.