Cambridge UK

I was having this discussion with a friend who was telling me to not go to Spanish Harlem. Told him I thought it was alright, that I've been to more dangerous neighborhoods. Since there are people from all around the world here, some of us traveling lots, I'd like to have your input. Here's my Top 4, from "OMG I'M GONNA GET KILLED THEN RAPED" to "I might get knifed but will likely survive".

1- Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn
2- Brixton, London
3- 2e Arrondissement, Paris (the whore stretch on Saint-Denis)
4- Saint-Michel, Montreal

brooklyn!

lolz, i live in bed-stuy. i'm sure i have a different experience than most simply because i'm a man, but at this point i'd by no means call this the most dangerous place i've seen in brooklyn. when you start going southeast to places like brownsville or canarsie, that's where you're REALLY in a bad spot. high crime and far from anything else.
i can't speak for the other three you mentioned, but i've been in areas of baltimore that were pretty fucking terrifying, for sure.

New York City

You guys need to step out of the first world bubble to realize what dangerous really is xD

I walked around the Marcy Houses in Bed-Stuy in the middle of a murder in progress with police cars zipping along with the TV truck. No big deal tongue
Talking Brooklyn, Canarsie is where shit hits the fan.

[edit] this should be the definition of dangerous: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/ … 41/1/.html

Last edited by akira^8GB (Apr 25, 2012 1:30 pm)

Geneva, NY

8bc

.FILTHadelphia

This is from 2011.
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/video/ … n-america/

As far as Philly goes though it's less about which section of town or neighborhood you live in but rather what block you live on. If you walk through South Philly this is especially true, some blocks are new condo construction the next block is rundown row homes. West Philly gets pretty rough past 40th St., North Philly has always been bad especially near Temple. I live in Northeast Philly (Fishtown) and while it's rundown there's definitely not much as far as crime goes, at least not what I've witnessed. I lived in Center City and the day I moved out one of the apartments in my buildings got robbed, I have friends in Old City who had a guy try and rob them in the middle of the day, and I witnessed a guy try and stab a dude outside of a bar on South St. I guess Philly is just rough all over, though I never feel unsafe.

Lexington, KY
bleo wrote:

8bc

POW

Cambridge UK

Another friend told me that all of Detroit was the worst place in the world.

Lexington, KY

Everywhere that isn't my hometown is dangerous to me.

...guess I should get out more.

England

Where you are moving to in Cambridge is probably worse than all these places.

shanghai

i guess i'd have to say some of the places in johannasburg........felt pretty damn sketchy around there late at night.......so many dodgy fucks all over the place.........even my friend who is a big big south african dude doesnt go out when its dark where he grew up, if he don't have to. he had his car jacked three times in three years. his advice if you ever drive through downtown late at night 'never fucking stop at a red light, cos someone will appear out of fucking nowhere brandishing a weapon while other dudes smash in you windows with bats and tell you to get the fuck out of your car' Fuuuuuck that ! Shanghai is super super calm. the most you have to worry bout is someone stealing your shit on the crowded transport system, or a whore making you pay 20 quid instead of 15 for a blowjob haha

shanghai

might i add that to be fair, he was probably heading somewhere super sketchy cos he was a massive coke fiend mashup.

Unsubscribe

The worst neighborhood in Manhattan is Lincoln center.

IL, US
George wrote:

Maybe, but not too dangerous ...mostly since you don't see other people much when in Detroit ...place is empty and falling apart

New York City
herr_prof wrote:

The worst neighborhood in Manhattan is Lincoln center.

brooklyn!
Solarbear wrote:

Everywhere that isn't my hometown is dangerous to me.

...guess I should get out more.

fuck that, just chill at stella's all day and stay safe as hell

Chicago IL
e.s.c. wrote:
George wrote:

Maybe, but not too dangerous ...mostly since you don't see other people much when in Detroit ...place is empty and falling apart

yeah i mean, detroit FEELS dangerous, but i've been there a lot, and haven't had anything terrible happen to me