Tulsa, OK

I am doing a research paper over the insane murder rate in the U.S.

All I have to say about this is that Chicago is messed up, and I had a rental van that was broken into in D.C., the day that I was leaving! Having your own car broken into is one thing, but a rental car, two hours before it is to be returned; that sucked. I was in a "nice" part of D.C. too, staying in a church!

New York City
Jake Allison wrote:

a "nice" part of D.C. too, staying in a church!

The Hollow Earth

There are areas of San Francisco where there are so many homeless people begging for change in one spot that you can literally be trampled to death, much like Emperor Penguins trampling a chick to death in a mad melee to decide who's going to keep it warm.

detroit
George wrote:

Another friend told me that all of Detroit was the worst place in the world.

I did see a bum last night on my way home from a drum circle lying on the ground in a gas station with a cast on. we pulled up for gas and all he was yelling "I got e pills and tape!"

we drove on.

South Jersey, USA

Camden, South Jersey

UK
barbeque wrote:
George wrote:

Another friend told me that all of Detroit was the worst place in the world.

I did see a bum last night on my way home from a drum circle lying on the ground in a gas station with a cast on. we pulled up for gas and all he was yelling "I got e pills and tape!"

we drove on.

Class politics in action.

BC, Canada

Victoria around Pandora street, Store street, Johnson street bridge, and around Chinatown are pretty sketchy. Plenty of addicts and homeless.

Detroit, MI

I once had a guy try and sell me a 30 foot aluminum ladder for $10 at a gas station. I was driving a Saturn sedan at the time. How was I even supposed to take that with me? Detroit FTW.

When I was 10 my best friend, who lived across the street from me had his house broken into and his father shot and killed
in front of him, and his dad was a cop.
D-town, welcome to hell where the weak are killed and eaten.

バード大学
8-Bit-Rex wrote:

I live in Chepachet, Rhode Island.

An elephant was shot on a bridge here once.

I'm from Providence. I saw two guys run at eachother from opposite sides of the street, meet in the road and knife eachother. It was...confusing.

Last edited by Helvetica Scenario (May 27, 2012 7:50 pm)

バード大学
SJSFC wrote:

Camden, South Jersey

Notorious

Crikey South London sounds like child's play compared to America! My mum lived in Brixton and loved it, and I can't say I've ever had any problems around here. That said I don't tend to walk unlit alleys alone...

São Paulo, Brazil

I spent one week in Bed-Stuy and I loved it. Went to great Delis and restaurants, talked to a lot of people who live there and came back home on late nights without a problem. Ok, there was an afternoon with some buzzing on fulton st. involving a police car and an ambulance. But I see that all the time back in Sao Paulo. I don´t know what you guys mean by "dangerous".

New York City
PULSELOOPER wrote:

I don´t know what you guys mean by "dangerous".

*high fives latin american broda*

Venezuela

o/ \o

is this a joke?, lets talk about numbers first...
http://www.eluniversal.com/2010/08/27/e … 0815.shtml

And that was 2009, actually we have the third dangerous/deadly cities around the world with Hoduras and Guatemala if i remember.
The kidnap and robbery is common around here as common as i know many people who have been robbed several times and actually my brother had a "kidnaping express" the last year, he just disspaear for 18 hours, "thx to the lord" he is ok. And if you still think this is are just words, well... i have a friend who dissapear for about 4 weeks... so yes kidnaping... is common

So... those cities you mentions should looks like Disneyland compared to Caracas, Ciudad Juárez, Rio or any other of these cities in the next lists...

http://opentravel.com/blogs/worlds-five … us-cities/

http://urbantitan.com/10-most-dangerous … d-in-2011/
http://urbantitan.com/the-10-most-dange … s-in-2012/

OF COURSE, this is nothing to be pround to say, nothing to be shame to tell... is something that you just have to learn to live with (if youre in any of these cities) of course... if you go out there with an Iphone4s/ipad in your had, with a pair of shoes of 500$ and step into few guys with suspicious faces, dont spect the best... So, been stupidly obvious in any of these cities wont help...

and the real true is...

bleo wrote:

8bc

Venezuela

This is a Jail called... LA PLANTA it just happend few weeks ago... prisoners are those who shoot, not the police...