NC in the US of America

Welcome, all newcomers. It is good to have you and I wish you good posting. smile

sup boys!
just wanna say hello. i'm an aspiring computer scientist from aachen germany. me and my brother did some gigs with multiple LSDJs on DMGs some years ago. now playing with goattracker occasionally, but currently i'm rather into learning jazz piano. apart from chiptunes, i am into virtual reality and human computer interaction research, generative live visuals and hybrid audiovisual satisfaction in general.
nice to meet all of you!

oh yeah just for the record. here are two short clips of live shows we did in 2009 using the 4DMG setup. sadly we never recorded any of that stuff ever. it was a true live experience tongue props to tom voxon and miniroc who were also performing on that wonderful evening (and hi to gwEm who has also been visiting us for one of his great shows at another occasion)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1dg3QDua9I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4J5MICChxQ

Detroit

hi I've posted here a couple times but never introduced myself

I live with snesei he's my bf yoroshiku

all my chiptunes are plagiarized anime songs i make on my game boy

evidence https://soundcloud.com/the-one-electron … e-wa-pilot

Last edited by The One Electronic (Jun 8, 2013 3:00 pm)

i was wondering, i just got a gameboy, and i want to know weather i should get lsdj, or nano loop?

Get both.  And you can sync them both together to make great tracks.

what if i can only afford one?

UK, Leicester
maqs22 wrote:

I'd go with LSDJ, there are plenty of good tutorials for it out there to help get you started

西安
maqs22 wrote:

What is your background in music, if any? What kind of chiptune do you want to make? Do you have experience using DAWs? Trackers?

I have been playing piano for like 8 years now, i dont realy have a prefrence to what kind of chip tune i want to make, and i dont have any xpereunce with DAWs or trakers

UK, Leicester
maqs22 wrote:

I have been playing piano for like 8 years now, i dont realy have a prefrence to what kind of chip tune i want to make, and i dont have any xpereunce with DAWs or trakers

Use famitracker, then LSDJ.

Thanks

Pittsburgh

Well, it seems a bit silly to be posting here at this point, as I've been registered and (slightly) active for several months ago, but hey, why not introduce myself anyway? I've always loved chiptune, though I only realized it when I saw a bunch of guys from Piko Piko Detroit perform at the Henry ford maker faire. A month later, I picked up a DMG, backlight, and an EMS cart from kitsch, and have been neglecting to do anything interesting with them since (self-inflicted slap). Instead, I've been having a blast just finding out what exists, and better yet, modifying DMGs and NESs. Well, I guess that's about it, sorry for making you read all that, but I reeeeeally don't want to go back to studying for my chem final.

Garland, Tx.

Hey guys, I guess I'll introduce myself as well. I've been making chiptunes since I was around 11, when I found FamiTracker while searching for god knows what. In the past 3 years I've worked with FamiTracker, LSDJ (lol no songs here wtf), and Ableton Live 9 (I'd include Audaciity, but I don't consider it a music making program. XD). I own a GBC/GBA but lack the funds to get a usb smart card because I'm 14 and a jobless teen. Yaaay no money! So.. yeah. e.e All I ever do when I'm not at school is play minecraft and make music. It's pretty much my only hobbie (loserftw). Thanks for listening to my annoying intro whatever, and I'll be seeing you around.

Edit: I also used SunVox to a GREAT extent.

love sunvox. ;~;

Last edited by Legacy (Jun 13, 2013 12:52 am)

UK, Leicester
Legacy wrote:

Hey guys, I guess I'll introduce myself as well. I've been making chiptunes since I was around 11, when I found FamiTracker while searching for god knows what. In the past 3 years I've worked with FamiTracker, LSDJ (lol no songs here wtf), and Ableton Live 9 (I'd include Audaciity, but I don't consider it a music making program. XD). I own a GBC/GBA but lack the funds to get a usb smart card because I'm 14 and a jobless teen. Yaaay no money! So.. yeah. e.e All I ever do when I'm not at school is play minecraft and make music. It's pretty much my only hobbie (loserftw). Thanks for listening to my annoying intro whatever, and I'll be seeing you around.

Any examples of your music? As a fellow famitracker using teen, I'd like to see what you've come up with yo.

NC in the US of America
Legacy wrote:

,,,make music. It's pretty much my only hobbie (loserftw),,,

Hey, Steve Vai was the same way,