Medina, Ohio

We are starting on the redesign now, can view progress at http://dmgcontrol.com/site3

Change the font from Times New Roman pl0x wink

And it loads slow as balls. Just some things to keep in mind smile Otherwise, not bad!

California

It loads fine for me. Looks pretty cool!

Savannah, Georgia

fixed-width courier all the motherfuckin' way

Medina, Ohio

Thanks for the commentary... smile

Rochester, NY

i still think the logo screams "we are amateurs". a bit better than the old one though, i guess.

Kinda agree, but it's not that bad. I would suggest a little bit more polish. It just looks so "Paint-ish" right now, you need to spice it up a little bit, make it more dynamic, like shadows or light and shit like that.
Also i don't know about the background color. It's okay, but why not just a black backgorund with white color for the text. You can't go wrong with this (But you can keep the databend background. Databending is always awesome).

It actually looks pretty pro on my iPhone haha

Sydney, NSW

I can't see shit, the top of the site is totally chopped off, I can barely see the top of the cover art for the "Buttpoop" EP, the background is TERRIBLE , and i have to scroll across to the right in order to view the actual site. Come on.

ohio gozaimasu
Chainsaw Police wrote:

I can't see shit, the top of the site is totally chopped off, I can barely see the top of the cover art for the "Buttpoop" EP, the background is TERRIBLE , and i have to scroll across to the right in order to view the actual site. Come on.

... He's actively remaking the site right this moment. It looks like that because he's fixing some bugs and testing random code; it's not like that's our actual finished project. A little harsh much?

NSW, Australia
Cooshinator wrote:
Chainsaw Police wrote:

... He's actively remaking the site right this moment. It looks like that because he's fixing some bugs and testing random code; it's not like that's our actual finished project. A little harsh much?

I agree, it isn't that bad and they are working on it

Sydney, NSW

Sorry! I didn't know it was in active development. Maybe a placeholder or 'under construction' page would have been nice. Because without knowing that it was actually under construction, how was I to know that that wasn't the final site?
You can;t expect me to instinctively know whether or not the site is final or a work-in-progress without any hinting whatsoever. Cut me some slack

I see the site now (it looks finished to me), and I think the album covers are waaaay too big and sometimes inconsistent. The first and third covers are huge, but the second cover is decently sized. There's the blue <a>...</a> border around the header (consider wrapping it in a div, and that div making all the <a> elements have no link styling through CSS, I guess. My web dev knowledge is a littler sketchy), and the spacing between each post is terribly inconsistent - the spacing between the first two posts is minimal, while the spacing between the second and third posts is unecessarily long.

If this is the final site, then I think you should consider working on it a little more.
However, if it's not finished, put up an Under Construction placeholder page to inform people that the site isn't ready yet.

ohio gozaimasu
Chainsaw Police wrote:

Sorry! I didn't know it was in active development. Maybe a placeholder or 'under construction' page would have been nice. Because without knowing that it was actually under construction, how was I to know that that wasn't the final site?
You can;t expect me to instinctively know whether or not the site is final or a work-in-progress without any hinting whatsoever. Cut me some slack

I see the site now (it looks finished to me), and I think the album covers are waaaay too big and sometimes inconsistent. The first and third covers are huge, but the second cover is decently sized. There's the blue <a>...</a> border around the header (consider wrapping it in a div, and that div making all the <a> elements have no link styling through CSS, I guess. My web dev knowledge is a littler sketchy), and the spacing between each post is terribly inconsistent - the spacing between the first two posts is minimal, while the spacing between the second and third posts is unecessarily long.

If this is the final site, then I think you should consider working on it a little more.
However, if it's not finished, put up an Under Construction placeholder page to inform people that the site isn't ready yet.

Sorry! I thought that the fact that he said "view the progress here" and that it has a different url ("site3") would hint at that, but I can see how someone could mistake it for the finished product. If you go to just dmgcontrol.com, you can find our old site, which is (as far as I know) perfectly functional.

The new design is not yet finished; the main issue that we're working on right now is compatibility (seriously, fuck IE). Most of those issues are weird quirks of Internet Explorer and Firefox that dsv101 is trying to work around at this moment. We still have quite a bit to do (like redoing the releases in a grid style, tweaking the graphics, ect.) and we hope to push this out soon.

I noticed you had an issue with the background earlier. Care to elaborate? Anyways, thanks for the input.

Medina, Ohio

Just to make a statement, http://dmgcontrol.com/ is the old site and http://dmgcontrol.com/site3 is the under construction site...I am starting to think that making this public was a terrible idea...:)

EDIT: I'm taking a break, so don't freak out chainsaw police....

Last edited by dsv101 (Jun 16, 2012 3:31 pm)

Lexington, KY

Lol, the official 'give chainsaw police shit' thread. C'mon chainsaw! Y u gotta be do meaaaan?

Medina, Ohio

Ok, I think we are pretty much finished. Just need to test on different browsers and what not, as well as get a new font! Feel free to view and give feedback! http://dmgcontrol.com/site3/

EDIT: Also, in the near future their will be music player support, at least that's the plan!

Last edited by dsv101 (Jun 21, 2012 3:03 am)