AANABAY01

maybe i don't get the point of being a musician because i feel super ashamed to even attempt any element of press or goodwill to a listener

i just want you all to fuck off

Savannah, Georgia

yes

except i don't want people to fuck off i want them to listen to it and hopefully buy it because i can hardly pay for what i'm doing here and my gameboy's already on its last leg

Last edited by Aeros (Jun 2, 2012 12:30 am)

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

I never hype as I assume no one gives a shit, and because when people hype their own stuff it tends to make me give less of a shit about them

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

Though if this means "new ZuhZuhZahVuh", yes please

Unsubscribe

Yea but you seriously dont want us to fuck off, cause then youd never post it. Sometimes acclaim isn't unsolicited or inorganic.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

It's fun figuring out new ways to insert "debut album being released on 6-19" into things.

Oh hey, now's a good time: debut album being released on 6-19.

smile

Chicago

yeah. I've felt its a necessary evil, though. Alec Empire said it best, something to the effect of. "The age of digital music is like a phone book. Everyone's listed, but you're not going to randomly call someone in the phone book."

Abandoned on Fire

No reason to feel bad about making your work known and available.  I can see feeling weird about "OMG my new shit is the fuckin bomb yo, all youse guys are weaksauce!" ... and you should.  smile

I think the difference is between having actual pride in your work versus wanting a free handy.  Accept which side you're on and OWN THAT SHIT.

Tulsa, OK
egr wrote:

No reason to feel bad about making your work known and available.  I can see feeling weird about "OMG my new shit is the fuckin bomb yo, all youse guys are weaksauce!" ... and you should.  smile

I think the difference is between having actual pride in your work versus wanting a free handy.  Accept which side you're on and OWN THAT SHIT.

x2

Armidale NSW Australia :D
Jake Allison wrote:
egr wrote:

x2

x3

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
Alec Empire wrote:

"The age of digital music is like a phone book. Everyone's listed, but you're not going to randomly call someone in the phone book."

Unsubscribe
Alec Empire wrote:

" I'm going to ride this one good idea for the next twenty years"

Chicago
Auxcide wrote:
(not exactly but pretty close)Alec Empire wrote:

"The age of digital music is like a phone book. Everyone's listed, but you're not going to randomly call someone in the phone book."

Last edited by theghostservant (Jun 2, 2012 1:04 am)

Abandoned on Fire
herr_prof wrote:
Alec Empire wrote:

" I'm going to ride this one good idea for the next twenty years"

Hey, it worked for ZZ Top!
(didn't work so well for Everclear...)

Chicago IL

only if i post twice in a row in my own thread. also feel embarrassed when people repeatedly bump their own release thread.

babylon

i like this. it reminds of being in high school and listening to a bunch of msi, they were always talking about being the shit and then denying it and alienating there audience at the same time. not that this is the same but still. but  i guess i feel like expressing that you want people to fuck off and hyping your stuff attracts the same thing , which is attention. i dont mind either.