NSW, Australia
walter b. gentle wrote:

i haven't seen the word chipcore used yet. im always learning.

It's basically Nintendocore if you have heard of that

babylon
The Sky Is Black Not Blue wrote:

i have, but i think i'd listen to this before anything i've heard labeled as nintendocore. smile

NSW, Australia
walter b. gentle wrote:

i have, but i think i'd listen to this before anything i've heard labeled as nintendocore. smile

Haha Thanks smile

Frostbyte wrote:

I haven't listened to the song, but I can tell what it sounds like from my fellow musicians reactions and the first song you posted. You should definitely lower the volume of the vocals and try to make them more clean and fit into themix better. If they're the right volume with minimal effects processing it can sound good. The track is just loud right now, and thats no good unless it's clear what everything is.

Okay so the main reaction is less effects and cleaner vocals?

I definitely recommend you listen to the song it sounds very different to the first song.

Just listened to bits and pieces of it, and yeah it's pretty much what I expected. Not really any spot that catches listener attention. There's no wav, no bass, no kick, I mean, those are all really essential to keeping attention of the listener. The vocals were actually pretty hard to listen to because of the pure screechiness of it, but it was cleaner than I expected. Better mixed than I thought.

NSW, Australia
Frostbyte wrote:

Okay so the main reaction is less effects and cleaner vocals?

I definitely recommend you listen to the song it sounds very different to the first song.

Just listened to bits and pieces of it, and yeah it's pretty much what I expected. Not really any spot that catches listener attention. There's no wav, no bass, no kick, I mean, those are all really essential to keeping attention of the listener. The vocals were actually pretty hard to listen to because of the pure screechiness of it, but it was cleaner than I expected. Better mixed than I thought.

Thank's for that I am currently working on a more hardcore type of song which uses every channel smile

[...]
2. @ 9heart Sorry you found them annoying, Would you guys prefer if i change the types of screams on different lyrics? and when i record vocals it takes me a lot of takes but i do the whole song each take and i don't run out of breath so i dont think that's a problem smile
[...]

Damm, don't say "sorry". Makes me feel like i did something wrong and beeing a dick wink
Well, about the screams, i just don't know. To be fair, before i heard of Chiptune i loved Punk and some Hardcore. For example i listened to alot of Comeback Kid. They not actually screaming, more like shouting. That's the best way i can describe it.
Also you are young aren't you? I know, you already sick of hearing this, but your Voice will might change in the future (mine only did slightly). To be honest, your screams are (for my opinion) a little bit to high, they have to be a little bit darker, depper.
Why you don't start out writing some danceable stuff, learn to perfect the ways of LSDJ and make cool tunes? Then you still can start to put in Vocals and Lyrics in it.
Have you checked out Stern Fucking Zeit? There pretty cool, i guess, i dig there style and also liked "Demotwentyeleven" of them. But on the other hand i also dig a way early release of them ("+Thaibit+", where they don't even have lyrics in a single tune (and there are 12 on it).

So you see, you can deplove your style thoughout the time you make music.

NSW, Australia
9-Heart wrote:

[...]
2. @ 9heart Sorry you found them annoying, Would you guys prefer if i change the types of screams on different lyrics? and when i record vocals it takes me a lot of takes but i do the whole song each take and i don't run out of breath so i dont think that's a problem smile
[...]

Damm, don't say "sorry". Makes me feel like i did something wrong and beeing a dick wink
Well, about the screams, i just don't know. To be fair, before i heard of Chiptune i loved Punk and some Hardcore. For example i listened to alot of Comeback Kid. They not actually screaming, more like shouting. That's the best way i can describe it.
Also you are young aren't you? I know, you already sick of hearing this, but your Voice will might change in the future (mine only did slightly). To be honest, your screams are (for my opinion) a little bit to high, they have to be a little bit darker, depper.
Why you don't start out writing some danceable stuff, learn to perfect the ways of LSDJ and make cool tunes? Then you still can start to put in Vocals and Lyrics in it.
Have you checked out Stern Fucking Zeit? There pretty cool, i guess, i dig there style and also liked "Demotwentyeleven" of them. But on the other hand i also dig a way early release of them ("+Thaibit+", where they don't even have lyrics in a single tune (and there are 12 on it).

So you see, you can deplove your style thoughout the time you make music.

Don't feel bad bro wink But i have good news for you, my hardcore song i'm working on is actually influenced by Stern Fucking Zeit- Page Not Found So look forward to that. Yeah i am only 14 xD also i think i could learn to perfect LSDJ with vocals because then i'm perfecting both big_smile

Last edited by The Sky Is Black Not Blue (Jun 16, 2012 4:41 am)

9-Heart wrote:

I And what is the point of writting lyrics if i even can't barley understand what they are saying?

yaaaaw  seriouslaaay

NSW, Australia

9-Heart wrote:
I And what is the point of writting lyrics if i even can't barley understand what they are saying?

Stern Fucking Zeit are German and i can't understand them but i still like there music.

my hardcore song i'm working on is actually influenced by Stern Fucking Zeit- Page Not Found

Oh geez, it's on like donkey kong! Page not found is Awesome, you better not fck this up.
And if you are really curious i can translate the lyrics for you and PM them you.

NSW, Australia
9-Heart wrote:

my hardcore song i'm working on is actually influenced by Stern Fucking Zeit- Page Not Found

Oh geez, it's on like donkey kong! Page not found is Awesome, you better not fck this up.
And if you are really curious i can translate the lyrics for you and PM them you.

Haha, that would be great! Please don't compare it to Page Not Found because i love that song to death and i dont want to mess it up either sad it's just influenced by it big_smile

Tulsa, OK

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/6926/ … tendocore/

dude, make what YOU like! Learn and practice as much as you can to achieve the sound YOU want. There is no right way to do anything. Don't bend backwards for anyone! Just try to listen to your music for what it is, and release your ep when you think it is exactly what your going for....I found the best way to achieve good art takes a lot of brainstorming and ideas first, and then all that technicality bullshit second......Really, you could make tracks that sound like a garbage disposal , but if the artistic theme matches up correctly it will work. Just please don't evereverever make music to please the masses, but still set your standards high  of course....this is all just my opinion, you don't have to take my word for it.

Tulsa, OK

Okay, your scream should change a little
the high range scream you are using is a cool trick for a couple of lines, but not a whole song, bring it too the mid range... I havent been in the post-hardcore scene for a couple of years so I dont know if Asking Alexandria is still something I can reference safely, but that range is what you are in need of. low range would sound too muffled with this fidelity. also... breakdowns are cool

I actually really like the track smile but naming things after Kingdom Hearts is kinda confusing, I would be careful, especially with chip music, game references are too expected. but thats not a big deal, Kingdom Hearts is aces. wink

EDIT: even though I just released a song called Z-Saber...

Last edited by Jake Allison (Jun 16, 2012 5:18 am)

NSW, Australia
Jake Allison wrote:

Okay, your scream should change a little
the high range scream you are using is a cool trick for a couple of lines, but not a whole song, bring it too the mid range... I havent been in the post-hardcore scene for a couple of years so I dont know if Asking Alexandria is still something I can reference safely, but that range is what you are in need of. low range would sound too muffled with this fidelity. also... breakdowns are cool

I actually really like the track smile but naming things after Kingdom Hearts is kinda confusing, I would be careful, especially with chip music, game references are too expected. but thats not a big deal, Kingdom Hearts is aces. wink

Yeah my next song currently has a lot less high pitched screams, The reason the song is named after Kingdom Hearts is the lyrics (That nobody can understand) is about leaving Destiny Islands smile

@shitbird That is great advice!

Last edited by The Sky Is Black Not Blue (Jun 16, 2012 5:18 am)

Tulsa, OK

Destiny Island, or Departing from Destiny Island would be a cool name

Shitbird is right though; you are you, not me