needs more bree, less yiiiighhh, put some poop on that pickle!  That kick is not karate, slap your mom. It's in a book somewhere.

Bit wish wrote:

I personaly thought the screams sounded like a complaing child

YES!
It's not bad if you can't understand the lyrics, but the high pitched squealing aspect of the screaming sounds like that kid from youtube that spazzes out when his mom cancels his world of warcraft account.
This synthesis is boring, undynamic, and basically just stock instruments. You should experiment with combinations of tables and commands, and learn how to make kick drums and snares in LSDJ by using tables. Try stacking noise instruments with kit instruments for punchy drum sounds.

Listen to some 10k. His vocals are boss and he's pretty much perfected the style I think you're aiming for. Learn LSDJ more. You don't have to release everything or rush. I waited a long time before I ever released any tracks, and I was really happy that I did in the end.

And yea, quit asking people what they want to hear and make what you want.
I'm sure there are some exceptions, but all these new artists are always rushing to get popular and get their next new ep out, but they're always getting way ahead of themselves as their songwriting skills, synthesis, and originality need time and practice to develope.

Keep at it and don't give up. I know this sounds harsh but I'm just trying to help. Take a chill pill and learn your stuff.
That being said, I can hear that you have a lot of potential. Keep practicing and making tracks. Keep singing and playing guitar, keep experimenting. It's really cool that you're super eager and open to revising your stuff and improving it. This shows that you have the potential to get better and better. Keep at it, man.

NSW, Australia
L-tron wrote:
Bit wish wrote:

I personaly thought the screams sounded like a complaing child

YES!
It's not bad if you can't understand the lyrics, but the high pitched squealing aspect of the screaming sounds like that kid from youtube that spazzes out when his mom cancels his world of warcraft account.
This synthesis is boring, undynamic, and basically just stock instruments. You should experiment with combinations of tables and commands, and learn how to make kick drums and snares in LSDJ by using tables. Try stacking noise instruments with kit instruments for punchy drum sounds.

Listen to some 10k. His vocals are boss and he's pretty much perfected the style I think you're aiming for. Learn LSDJ more. You don't have to release everything or rush. I waited a long time before I ever released any tracks, and I was really happy that I did in the end.

And yea, quit asking people what they want to hear and make what you want.
I'm sure there are some exceptions, but all these new artists are always rushing to get popular and get their next new ep out, but they're always getting way ahead of themselves as their songwriting skills, synthesis, and originality need time and practice to develope.

Keep at it and don't give up. I know this sounds harsh but I'm just trying to help. Take a chill pill and learn your stuff.
That being said, I can hear that you have a lot of potential. Keep practicing and making tracks. Keep singing and playing guitar, keep experimenting. It's really cool that you're super eager and open to revising your stuff and improving it. This shows that you have the potential to get better and better. Keep at it, man.

I agree with you on that, My next song currently is using tables,kick and uses a lot of the features of LSDJ..... I am also fleshing out the screams, Thanks a lot for you feedback! i am very keen to get better smile

Edit: 10k got me into chiptune smile

Last edited by The Sky Is Black Not Blue (Jun 17, 2012 2:11 am)

PH
ChipsChallengeBand wrote:

We learned a lot when we released our first album:

Don't set a release date until the album is actually done (ie hold the finished album for a bit before release, maybe there are changes to be made)
Have everything ready to go so you can relax before release (extras and stuff)
Making an album is a lot harder than you think it is

THIS!! hahahaha im almost 2 yrs into chip but.. i dont have any EP yet big_smile

NSW, Australia
StarKnives wrote:
ChipsChallengeBand wrote:

We learned a lot when we released our first album:

Don't set a release date until the album is actually done (ie hold the finished album for a bit before release, maybe there are changes to be made)
Have everything ready to go so you can relax before release (extras and stuff)
Making an album is a lot harder than you think it is

THIS!! hahahaha im almost 2 yrs into chip but.. i dont have any EP yet big_smile

Must be a masterpiece of an EP when it comes out big_smile

Philly, PA, USA

yeah this just basically isn't good yet, seriously you and every other person that makes a CC thread basically just need to work at it more until *you* legitimately like the sound and it's something you would listen to. if you think you still need CC then then make a thread.