Chicago IL, USA

In a thread a dude started for a Zelda comp, Saskrotch came in and said, "this interferes with a compilation i'm putting together. it's specifically designed to make sure there's nothing left to respect or take seriously about chip music."

I joked about a Crystal Castles x Gucci Mane remix and I thought, "this would be an awesome comp". Like what if a bunch of people just deliberately made a track that embodied what they think ruins/would ruin/ruined chipmusic, but still made it actually listenable?

It'd obviously be a joke and if it never comes together and ends up in the graveyard, no big deal. this just sounds funny and awesome to me right now.

detroit

lil homies got until february 13th, 2014 to submit. we're releasing this on valentine's day. how sweet.

email tracks to bbqchirps at gmail dot com or drop a link via the pm system. .wav files only please. thx

make sure your hatred is fully expressed for this dead medium.

confirmed artists (?) :

alpine [received]
desumate
bbq
lvlzero

Last edited by barbeque (Nov 9, 2013 10:53 pm)

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Does that mean I do have to do the Mario theme made out of Pokemon sfx?
Cause that sounds like a lot of work. . . In retrospect.

Last edited by Auxcide (Jul 6, 2012 4:51 am)

Joliette, QC, Canada

hiiiip-hoooop suuuuuckks !!!
smile

NSW, Australia

http://soundcloud.com/snoopdogg/super-m … w-baseline

Chicago IL, USA

Snoop heard about the comp early.

NSW, Australia

So, rules?

New Albany Indiana

so let me get this right, all these posers and hipsters are making what they think 8 bit into the main stream?

New York

dirty bit by the black eyed peez remiXXX bitzhces

New York

dirty bit by the black eyed peez remiXXX bitzhces

detroit

double post remix, bitches

Seriously:

Track must embody elements common in chip music, such as overused samples (BREAK TITTIE AYUSS AYUSS), common chord progressions, certain song programming or instrument presets deliberately lifted from popular LSDJ tutorials, and poor song structure. Lack of musical variation, depth, or emotion earn bonus points. Unce isn't the required style, but it's, like, you know, the only type of chip music the public may know about. However, I would love to hear a bad thrash tune. Like, purposefully awful. Sound effects that hint at common stereotypes such as "Mario at a Rave" and "Tetris remix" would deserve praise as well.

Gosh I wish I could do this. lol

Chicago IL, USA

Rules:

1. Make a song that you think would ruin chiptune, or mocking some things people already do that you think is ruining the scene.
2. Make said song still listenable. Not just 2 minutes of straight noise channel with mario coins and vocal samples from a game or whatever.
3. Covers and remixes are acceptable.
4. Saskrotch has to do one or allow it to be called "Saskrotch presents: Chiptune Sucks"  (or whatever)
5. Deadline tbd when/if enough interest is expressed.

NSW, Australia
SadPanda wrote:

Rules:

1. Make a song that you think would ruin chiptune, or mocking some things people already do that you think is ruining the scene.
2. Make said song still listenable. Not just 2 minutes of straight noise channel with mario coins and vocal samples from a game or whatever.
3. Covers and remixes are acceptable.
4. Saskrotch has to do one or allow it to be called "Saskrotch presents: Chiptune Sucks"  (or whatever)
5. Deadline tbd when/if enough interest is expressed.

This calls for a MyLifeIsPixels x Lil Wayne Mashup

Last edited by The Sky Is Black Not Blue (Jul 9, 2012 7:07 am)

Gosford, Australia

oh so basically i can just submit one of my normal songs

Gosford, Australia
Victory Road wrote:

oh so basically i can just submit one of my normal songs

okay nah but seriously every song should have the gameboy boot tone at the start whether or not it was actually made with a gameboy