Brunswick, GA USA

In depending on determined deadline

Joliette, QC, Canada
Victory Road wrote:
Victory Road wrote:

oh so basically i can just submit one of my normal songs

okay nah but seriously every song should have the gameboy boot tone at the start whether or not it was actually made with a gameboy

what do you do if you are not using a gameboy to make your song !?

Forest Maze

I agree with this comp

I submit my already created hip-hop zelda track on my profile

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I'm only in with Sassy's blessing.

thebitman wrote:

(BREAK

what is that?

NSW, Australia

Best comp ever

Last edited by The Sky Is Black Not Blue (Jul 9, 2012 7:07 am)

NC in the US of America

So I'd have to make something completely non-video-game-inspired-in-every-conceivable-way-possible-with-no-possible-way-of-anyone-ever-being-able-to-say-"that sounds like a video game"-at-all-when-listening-to-it?

That's almost impossible. And probably wouldn't be acceptable as it's the complete opposite of what everyone else is trying to do. sad

AANABAY01

what if there was a DIY music scene with a thousandstrong base of artists and none of them ever made a worthwhile statement

Zan-zan-zawa-butt wrote:

what if there was a DIY music scene with a thousandstrong base of artists and none of them ever made a worthwhile statement

that sounds like a good idea for a compilation.  OH HANG ON.

Paris, France

Sounds like an idea I had but that I'm sure it has already emerged somewhere here before, a "MYFIRSTLSDJSONGCORE" compilation x)

Chicago IL, USA

the difference is it'd be cool to have all people who genuinely care about chipmusic making songs poking fun at the scene kind of. I wouldn't even take part if it meant some more popular veterans of the scene would do this. i guess it would be more of just a fun joke for all of us, but anyone who wasn't really active on here or with chiptune in general would just think we're some assholes or something. or inversely it will completely backfire and make chiptune super mainstream, which would also be hilarious. obviously this is a weird idea for a comp and i doubt it will actually happen, it just sounds like a fun/ny idea. Maybe instead of a comp we could do like a 48hr challenge or something and just put the songs up here, 8bc style.

uhajdafdfdfa
thebitman wrote:

Seriously:

Track must embody elements common in chip music, such as overused samples (BREAK TITTIE AYUSS AYUSS), common chord progressions, certain song programming or instrument presets deliberately lifted from popular LSDJ tutorials, and poor song structure. Lack of musical variation, depth, or emotion earn bonus points. Unce isn't the required style, but it's, like, you know, the only type of chip music the public may know about. However, I would love to hear a bad thrash tune. Like, purposefully awful. Sound effects that hint at common stereotypes such as "Mario at a Rave" and "Tetris remix" would deserve praise as well.

Gosh I wish I could do this. lol

you don't need to ASK people to do that here

Westfield, NJ

DANCE MUSIC IS RUINING CHIPTUNES

IL, US

im not sure this would sound much different to me than most chip comps at this point

Unsubscribe

Hahahahahahahaaa...no.

Gosford, Australia
Decktonic wrote:

DANCE MUSIC IS RUINING CHIPTUNES

nah man modded gameboys ruined it already
also calling it chiptunes, LSDJ, having fun etc.