Brunswick, GA USA

Chiptune Superstar (by xaimus I think) suddenly comes to mind. Iirc he was dared to write in a style he hates, so he made punk-pop.

Rochester, NY

Oh cool I've already got a handful of songs like this

NC in the US of America
DJ-PIE wrote:

Sounds like an idea I had but that I'm sure it has already emerged somewhere here before, a "MYFIRSTLSDJSONGCORE" compilation x)

LOL, that'd be interesting. I doubt most people still have there's, though ( I still have mine)

Rochester, NY

I still have mine lol

anyway this would be a good comp. because actually all 3 of us hate chiptunes etc. lol

babylon

this is just silly. i approve.

Brunswick, GA USA

inb4

California

pisshammer; piss on a hammer. hit your dick with a hammer out of revenge. while wearing a pokemon bandana. wolf shirt not required.

California

but ill sub a troll track.

Wilmington,NC

This is what most people think of my music... isn't it?

San Diego, CA

can we just not have a comp for every single impulsive idea that someone thinks of?

how many of these comps get finished, anyway?

and of those, how many do people actually listen to?

San Diego, CA

I have an idea for a comp

it's a comp for not having a compilation every single time someone has an idea for one

alternatively:
comp comp comp comp comp comp

Chicago IL, USA

this thread was a joke though...

Chicago IL, USA

also, the beastie boys one is something I genuinely care about. i was originally going to just make a bunch of remixes myself but thought, "hey, maybe some of these people would want to do a compilation because they love the Beastie Boys as well." Did people complain this much when the Weezer, Daft Punk, Chip For Cancer, Chiptune=WIN, and whatever other comps were conceived? Buncha Negative Nancy's in this scene I swear. What's wrong with people doing shit they want to do? you don't have to take part, and your musical integrity is not being desecrated because a group of other people did something you don't like. you guys should vent your frustrations to the kids who don't even know there is a chiptune scene using guitarpro to make "8-bit" covers and uploading the "songs" on youtube that get way more popular than anything most of us have made, not get all pissy at the people who actually enjoy the whole chipmusic scene and just want to contribute to it and be a part of it.

inb4 a bunch of people being dicks in response to my rant

Last edited by SadPanda (Jul 9, 2012 7:55 am)

Cambridge UK

The problem is not compilations, it's the amount of compilations and the fact that it makes them less and less relevant.

IL, US

and some of those other comps you listed were also doing something sadly absent in most chip comps: they were organized behind closed doors and actually curated... the organizers chose who they wanted on it and asked if theyd submit a track... too many open call comps happen in this scene and are done with little to no quality control

Cambridge UK

^ and this.