Chicago IL

maybe you could move them into a 'george doesn't want to see this' section? there could be like a special report button or something

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

I'm on neither side as it is SUCH  a non-issue, but:
I find it funny that the new influx of "erhmergurd sort [something a small amount of people find annoying] out jezzus" are becoming as annoying and frequent as the very type of threads they are hating on.
Also are people aware you're not bound by contract to click and read EVERY thread on the site? Just wondering

Last edited by AndrewKilpatrick (Aug 18, 2012 11:34 am)

Hey guys, let's hype up this thread about hype hate.

Tulsa, OK

Why are people getting so mad over this? If you dont care for the topic dont read the thread.

Chicago IL

what if every time you clicked on a thread there was a pop up that said 'are you sure you want to read this thread?'

New York City

So let me get this straight.
People hear your complaint(which was expressed in a rather unfriendly way, targeting at least two people of the forum, page 4 of this thread to wit), which isn't shared by most, someone (ant1) is incredibly nice enough to sort out your issue anyway, and then what happens?

http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/127517/#p127517
http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/127530/#p127530
http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/127545/#p127545

Awesome.

Chicago IL

what if there was a separate section to move threads to when akira makes a valid point

Unsubscribe

cm.o = the place people can begrudgingly discuss common interests with people they dont really like that much.

Chicago IL

what if there was a sub section specifically for herr_prof to make us feel bad about who we've let ourselves become

Chicago IL

what if there was a place we could send saskrotch every time he gently derailed a thread

akira^8GB wrote:

Many words

Thank you! big_smile

What if there was a subsection where we all got along?

Chicago IL

i think forums devoted to microgenres are always going to be filled with fighting, cause what music we like is such a small part of our personality that the rest of it clashes pretty hard

also you fucking children and your goddamn pokemon games

NC in the US of America

So, just for clarification, though, and I just want to make sure this is correct: A two-track single doesn't count as a release, right?

If a person releases a two track single in the Releases section, in anticipation of a full EP, this is considered a hype thread, and is thus bad, right?

I always thought the main reason artists put out singles was to preview and build excitement about an up-coming full release, but that must not be true.

Now, I understood being annoyed by people posting a "mash-up" of short clips of an upcoming release in the Releases section. But actual release of full songs is bad too, if it is associated with an up-coming full EP release.

I'm honestly just trying to make sure I've got everything straight.

Edit: I've actually agreed with the whole "Only Releases in the Releases section" thing. Not with the whole "can't make any post on cm.o stating that a release is coming up", though...

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Aug 18, 2012 2:26 pm)

Saskrotch wrote:

i think forums devoted to microgenres are always going to be filled with fighting, cause what music we like is such a small part of our personality that the rest of it clashes pretty hard

also you fucking children and your goddamn pokemon games

That's also a very fair point. Seems to be very true as well...although I am glad I've met so many people who's personalities work with mine.

And sketch, do whatever you like, and as long as its sensible, haters can hate.

Unsubscribe

Yea if people spent as much time listening to or creating good content as they do complaining about the lack of content, the internet would be allllllllright.

Also if a thread gets to five pages in less than two days, its probably time to stop posting in it wink