The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I do the above, post a preview song in the music section, soundcloud, noichan, ucollective. Plus all the updates I do on facebook and tumblr and mentions on here, I think I'm covered. It is nice to hear questions and stuff from people I know on here, but everyone's too grumpy. wink

Tulsa, OK

Only allow a release thread that is a week in advance of a concrete release date. That would get the slippery ones out, and the serious ones a little bit of attention.

Release hype threads must be made into release threads. But that's also kind of hard because (as the case with me) some labels want to start a new thread. hmm

Cambridge UK

GUYS. Ant1 fixed it. http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/8173/ … -releases/
Circlejerk all you want in there.
Also, read all about my PEEL SESSIONS and get HYPED.

most hype threads keep being bumped by the protagonist and their entourage, I think that's what people get annoyed with.  who wants to read about a "massive dubstep/electro release that is about to drop in 4 months time" every day?  (which is usually late anyway)

Chicago IL

wasn't there already a sarcastic version of this thread

Saskrotch wrote:

wasn't there already a sarcastic version of this thread

Chyeah.

I see like 2 'hype threads' in the release forum's front page.
Who is everyone complaining about? Is this all Frostbyte hate? His thread wasn't even in the release forum. Also that was old. So what started this?

Edit: just curious. Not really accusatory.

Last edited by Auxcide (Aug 18, 2012 2:59 am)

NC in the US of America

Sounds like jealousy(well, maybe not such a strong word... entitlement? Edit: No, that's not the word either... righteous indignation?) over people actually caring enough about unknown artists to post in their "hype" thread and cause it to be bumped. If newbies who listen to the music and post about their excitement over it without being biased by knowing whether the artist is new or a veteran is a sin... then... lot's of people should burn... It's not the artists' fault that people like their music.

Or is it...?

I've seen more "entourage hype" from the vets than ze offending "unknowns". Then again, the vets actually post full releases from the get-go, so that's something...

I just would like to know... before this "Upcoming Releases" thread was created, how were people expected to tell other's about their upcoming releases if not by making a post somewhere on these forums? We don't even get to use sigs (which is probably a good thing, and is very refreshing).

Edit:

His thread wasn't even in the release forum.

Yeah. Several people had scrambled faces over that one. haha. It was in "upcoming events" and was about his release party web-show.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Aug 18, 2012 4:34 am)

Cambridge UK
Auxcide wrote:

Me too.
And that's two too many IMO.
And yes, some people might still be rolling their eyes at that Frostbyte thing.

Unsubscribe

I think a preview thread is useful if its
a) someone i actually care about their upcoming release
b) something that previews a commercial release and allows for preorders or presales.
c) is renamed to the release thread once it actually comes out. NO DOUBLE POSTS.

herr_prof wrote:

I think a preview thread is useful if its
a) someone i actually care about their upcoming release

Do you care about me??? sad

Sydney, NSW
George wrote:

Nah. A stickied thread in the releases section for the kids to hype their shit in.
Every other place would be off-limits for "hype".

this. it worked for intruductions. now while thye might not be anywhere near as annoying, i don't usually pay attention to them (boohoo antisocial mister chainsaw). having the intro thread was a great idea to help compress the amount of intro threads we got in a tiny amount of time!

California

just wanted to get da "hipe" for my new releasesd it will be called Turbo City. grab it at your local adult shop and/or walmart. made on 1LSDxDMG

Last edited by AuburnKitsune (Aug 18, 2012 4:09 am)

George wrote:
Auxcide wrote:

Me too.

Oh yeah, that stupid Frostbyte, advertising a web show in the Upcoming Releases forum...what a devil!

NC in the US of America
Frostbyte wrote:
George wrote:

Me too.

Oh yeah, that stupid Frostbyte, advertising a web show in the Upcoming Events forum...what a devil!

ftfy
Although, I think "that frostbyte thing" actually refers to yolky faced people mistakenly thinking the web show was being advertised in the "Releases" section, acting all high-and-mighty about it and making snarky comments about it being in the "Releases" section and not being an actual release(even though it was in the "Upcoming Events" section).

I know I'm definitely still rolling my eyes about that. 'twas an online event by which all "unknowns'" online events will be measured, lightly tainted flavored by jumped conclusions, misplaced frustrations, and just plain false information.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Aug 18, 2012 5:23 am)

haters b hatin' cause dey weren't dere.
Also cause fans exist here.