Tulsa, OK

I must say that you guys are being really serious about this. I chose what I read and listen to and what I do not, not CM.O - I know I am one of the "noobs" and one of the people that messes this place up.but the topics people feel Inclined to participate in will be the ones that go to the top - the way alot of things work.

I try to do things right, a lot of the new people around here do, and the closer we get to right - the more wrong it is, because we dont belong. Freshman syndrome. The circle of life.

Okay I'm done, keep taking this too seriously if you want, I'm just saying

lolusa

i made hype threads before it pissed of george

Cambridge UK

Okay, you are getting it wrong about That Frostbyte Thing.
1-No matter where it is posted, a hype thread is a hype thread
2-Agreed it was about some webshow or something. But the thread kept on getting bumped by artists on the bill saying things like "this is gonna be sick mate blabla" and maybe 1 or 2 other people.
3-It got delayed. The webshow or the album, or both - I can't remember because I don't care that much but -  it made it look like vaporware.

EDIT:
4-THEN THIS PROPER HYPE THREAD GOT POSTED http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/7290/ … e-preview/
5- Notice that more than 50% of the replies are either by Frostbyte himself or Auxcide

And this is the best way to annoy oldfags like me.

Last edited by George (Aug 18, 2012 7:40 am)

George wrote:

Okay, you are getting it wrong about That Frostbyte Thing.
1-No matter where it is posted, a hype thread is a hype thread
2-Agreed it was about some webshow or something. But the thread kept on getting bumped by artists on the bill saying things like "this is gonna be sick mate blabla" and maybe 1 or 2 other people.
3-It got delayed. The webshow or the album, or both - I can't remember because I don't care that much but -  it made it look like vaporware.

So nobody should advertise anything because you don't feel like seeing it? And sure the thread was bumped by that...so are actual release threads haha. What's wrong with praise? And Goethe record there was actually a release in the original post, I had put out a single at the time of announcement. And neither were delayed smile

Although I do sorta agree that not every album in the world needs a thread specifically to hype it. It gets stupid after a point. But I'd hate to see this be my fault, because I did a very legitimate advertisement job for the show and the single release, and getting the album out on time. The problem is with threads that dont actually do anything. At all.

Edit: Well, I'm sorry it bothered you. I guess that conversation could have been carried out over PM or whatever. I saw it as a discussion in a place based around discussion. If it makes you feel better I'm not releasing anything any time in the foreseeable future.

Last edited by Frostbyte (Aug 18, 2012 7:45 am)

Cambridge UK

I edited my post.
Did you finally release that EP?

Cambridge UK

You don't seem to understand that my main grudge is AND AFTER ALL THAT CLUTTER, THE ALBUM WASN'T EVEN RELEASED.

It's been out.

Last edited by Frostbyte (Aug 18, 2012 7:46 am)

Cambridge UK

So there were actually THREE threads about or related in some form to that album.
Wow.
Worse than I thought.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I think the problem is just George.
If you don't like me somebody, ignore the threads that are obviously their releases. Use ant1's code. Whatever. Pretty simple.
I'm not going to cater to yours our anyone else's tastes.

And those were different albums. You got your facts all wrong, gurl.

One for my album 2012: a hype thread that I edited into the actual release thread, and for Codex (a separate album), an Upcoming Events thread which was then edited into a release thread as well.

Check your facts please?

Cambridge UK

My grudge is with hype threads in general, but you are a good example since you admit yourself to posting hype threads and you kinda started a trend.

Right. Well, glad I got 110+ people to show up to a dinky webshow and listen to me and my friends play music. It was worth it to me, sorry it upset you.

It's interesting how you complain about me posting a lot in certain threads, when you do the same thing. Also Frostbyte was not even close to starting a trend. And there is no trend because only a couple people have done it and it's not like they did it all at once. Myself included. It's not my intention to double team you, it's just that it's not right for you to put this all on one person.

Edit:

George wrote:

EDIT:
4-THEN THIS PROPER HYPE THREAD GOT POSTED http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/7290/ … e-preview/
5- Notice that more than 50% of the replies are either by Frostbyte himself or Auxcide

Almost all of my replies were part of a discussion on 2xlsdj and my management of channels. Didn't bother anyone and I wasn't going to make a new thread. hmm

Last edited by Auxcide (Aug 18, 2012 8:16 am)

Cambridge UK

I think Frosbyte can fight his own battles, which is not a battle btw, just an example.

I would've left this alone if you didn't call me out by name.

Edit: that being said, i'm going to sleep because this is fucking ridiculous, boring, and pointless.

Last edited by Auxcide (Aug 18, 2012 8:30 am)

IL, US

you know if stuff is in the wrong section, the staff moves it right? pretty sure i was the one who moved the thread george is talking about to the correct section (which is probably why there are posts about it being in the wrong place, it WAS until it got moved by the staff)