The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I'm pretty excited to get my 3xlsdj track into the world. It's coming along great. smile

Orange County, CA
Auxcide wrote:

I'm pretty excited to get my 3xlsdj track into the world. It's coming along great. smile

How do you even do 3 at a time do you have midi boy capabilities? yikes

Nope, all you need is a syncbox (low-gain's designs) and some cables. And of course 3 carts and gameboys. I just wish I had another stereo channel on my mixer. . .

Orange County, CA
Auxcide wrote:

Nope, all you need is a syncbox (low-gain's designs) and some cables. And of course 3 carts and gameboys. I just wish I had another stereo channel on my mixer. . .

droool.

OP Thread update! MUCH NEEDED ORGANIZATION. I was using quote in leu of spoiler tags because i simply forgot about them but now that I have remembered, voila. Not much information changing, though.

also: I have thought up a good point regarding logistics:
If I'm hosting is it proper/acceptable to host the album on my own personal bandcamp? I was also thinking of having packaged .mp3 with album cover and .txt .zips to give to you guys to dispers as you will too. Is this method of distribution good? Any thoughts on it?
Also someone asked me about "prereleasing" singles. I mentioned in OP about this, streaming would be cool to promote it and everything but I was going to leave it up to the collective about whether or not we were going to hold each other accountable in regards to, say, distributing their christmas single early without much regard for the collab.
Considering people's excitement regarding this project I don't foresee issues exactly I just wanted to know everyone's thoughts.

Last edited by Dr Treble (Sep 20, 2012 11:47 pm)

hiding under your bed

So I found an old unfinished version of All I Want for Christmas on one of my carts this morning.
I was thinking about dusting that off and improving/finishing it, but then I read the rest of the thread and found that Lavar might be doing that.
I PMed him to make sure, just in case he decides to do Let it snow instead.
If not, that's cool too though, I can stick with Angels. :v

Orange County, CA
PianoGameboy wrote:

So I found an old unfinished version of All I Want for Christmas on one of my carts this morning.
I was thinking about dusting that off and improving/finishing it, but then I read the rest of the thread and found that Lavar might be doing that.
I PMed him to make sure, just in case he decides to do Let it snow instead.
If not, that's cool too though, I can stick with Angels. :v

I'd say work on the song you're set to AND finish that at the same time. I mean worse comes to worse you have your own christmas single to put out in December tongue If you're worried about tardiness I edited my OP it reads something along the lines of: "keep in contact with me and there shouldn't be a problem"

Chicago IL, USA

I don't think you should use your personal bandcamp, I'd say either make a new one (I just made another using the same email as my personal) or someone should set up a bandcamp "not another chiptune compilation" for all future themed compilations to go on.

Tulsa, OK
SadPanda wrote:

I don't think you should use your personal bandcamp, I'd say either make a new one (I just made another using the same email as my personal) or someone should set up a bandcamp "not another chiptune compilation" for all future themed compilations to go on.

A chip comp bandcamp is not a bad idea, but I do not have a problem with it being on Doc Trebz's personal. I think we should get it everywhere!

It needs some sweet art though

Orange County, CA
Jake Allison wrote:
SadPanda wrote:

A chip comp bandcamp is not a bad idea, but I do not have a problem with it being on Doc Trebz's personal. I think we should get it everywhere!

It needs some sweet art though

Is the current art not sweet enough? tongue I've gotten mad compliments on it already but, once again, its up to the general consensus. A comp bandcamp wouldn't be a bad idea, esp considering I thought of maybe doing publicity/mini-label kinda stuff on my own in my free time so I can always get a head start on that.

Chicago IL, USA

D. trebz if you want, when it gets closer to release i can convert the bandcamp I made for Beastie Boys comp into a "too many fucking compilations bandcamp" or whatevz.

Tulsa, OK

If people like the current art I'm fine with it. I just wanted something sexy like a sillouette of santa on his slay over the moon with a neighborhood underneath. Or a picture of a Christmas tree with a bunch of dmgs, NESs, etc. underneath with bows and shiz looking like presents. I was picturing something that was mad Christmassy smile

But I am one guy, if people like it the way it is, who am I to argue?

Detroit, Michigan
Jake Allison wrote:

If people like the current art I'm fine with it. I just wanted something sexy like a sillouette of santa on his slay over the moon with a neighborhood underneath. Or a picture of a Christmas tree with a bunch of dmgs, NESs, etc. underneath with bows and shiz looking like presents. I was picturing something that was mad Christmassy smile

But I am one guy, if people like it the way it is, who am I to argue?

I agree, needs moar egg nog

I don't want it too corny though. I did like the idea of a Christmas tree with a bunch of a chipware around it. Or something else to that effect (I dunno what to do if this has more than just Christmas)
But I do like the art now too. I think it could have the tracklist on it still. smile

Edit: actually snesei, it'd be awesome to have a real photo of an eggnog carton with with the album name and something like a soundchip or a dmg/nes/controller on it.

I might try to do a mock up of what's in my mind, but I m no pro or anything.

Last edited by Auxcide (Sep 21, 2012 3:21 pm)

Detroit, Michigan
Auxcide wrote:

I don't want it too corny though. I did like the idea of a Christmas tree with a bunch of a chipware around it. Or something else to that effect (I dunno what to do if this has more than just Christmas)
But I do like the art now too. I think it could have the tracklist on it still. smile

Edit: actually snesei, it'd be awesome to have a real photo of an eggnog carton with with the album name and something like a soundchip or a dmg/nes/controller on it.

I might try to do a mock up of what's in my mind, but I m no pro or anything.

and a news paper next to it saying Disney h8s Against Chipsters

snesei wrote:

Nah. We got a whole nother compilation for that.

Detroit, Michigan
Auxcide wrote:
snesei wrote:

Nah. We got a whole nother compilation for that.

omg plz say it isn't true