Updated with Kit and Groove templates

Updated with Kit and groove Templates

Fargo

Do I have to have Photoshop for this?

Krubbz wrote:

Do I have to have Photoshop for this?

Photoshop would be immensely helpful for putting the book together, though GIMP (the open source equivalent) would work as well.  Basically I whipped up a couple of photoshop files with guides on them so that every page in the book would be alined correctly.  After making a file for each page I composited them all into a book in InDesign and printed from there.  I'm sure there are many other ways to go about making the booklet but that's what I did.  If you don't have Photoshop I included a few files with thin outlines where each page will be when you print the booklet out.

Chicago, IL
eme7h wrote:
XyNo wrote:

How to waste our trees with chipmusic 101 !!!
wink

Cut down all the trees and name the streets after them.

reference appreciated

Freiburg, Germany

If you lay out the pages like so

you'll get a neat little 8-pager that you can fold into a booklet with just one piece of paper and one scissor cut. You even only need to print on one side. Just fold it like the PocketMod:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAb31rIeGZo

I don't have my lsdj cartridge yet so I don't know what's a useful generic set of 8 pages. If there is any kind of consensus which 8 pages in a row would be useful for most lsdj users I could prepare a PDF with a readily printable version using above folding technique. (unfortunately the PSDs and PNGs of firsttenor show up blank on my machine other than lines for guides so I couldn't use it as a template)

lastfuture wrote:

If you lay out the pages like so

you'll get a neat little 8-pager that you can fold into a booklet with just one piece of paper and one scissor cut. You even only need to print on one side. Just fold it like the PocketMod:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAb31rIeGZo

I don't have my lsdj cartridge yet so I don't know what's a useful generic set of 8 pages. If there is any kind of consensus which 8 pages in a row would be useful for most lsdj users I could prepare a PDF with a readily printable version using above folding technique. (unfortunately the PSDs and PNGs of firsttenor show up blank on my machine other than lines for guides so I couldn't use it as a template)

I considered going the folded booklet route but I decided against it for several reasons.  For one I have way to many instruments to fit on that size paper.  Also with the PocketMod you end up with a booklet that's 2.75"X4.25" instead of 3.4"X5.8" (the size of the DMG).  Looking at the booklet that I already made the extra size is warranted.  The type is freakin small!  On the other hand the PocketMod uses way less paper than mine does.

I purposely left the templates blank except for the guide lines.  I typed up my most used instruments into excel spreadsheets and then dropped them into the templates in the order that I wanted.  That way you can insert your own instruments in whatever order you want them in.  There's a little more work involved than just print&go but with that extra work you get a booklet that's customized for exactly what you have and what you need.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
firsttenor wrote:

I composited them all into a book in InDesign and printed from there.

Is the InDesign file in the Mediafire library or no? If not, mind sharing it?

Russellian wrote:

Is the InDesign file in the Mediafire library or no? If not, mind sharing it?

There's nothing special about the InDesign file it's just a simple book layout.  I normally would't mind sharing it but a large number of my instruments are from the iPhone app or other sources and I don't have all of them credited.  I don't want to go around ripping off other people's work, that's not cool hmm

Kyle, Tx

Im sorry to bump an old topic but I am not sure how to print this double sided. Do I gotta take the paper out and redo it?

Yup.  Just take the paper out and redo it.

Kyle, Tx

Dang... This will take a while to print...
Trimming the edges too. I wish I had a paper slicer

Does anyone just have a PDF file for the patch book. I've been looking everywhere and I only find broken links.

Kyle, Tx

i found a site where you can buy kodek's patch book but im not willing to pay money for that. I think chipmusic should just add a patch book tab at the top of the website that registered users can submit patches. then you could even have a tab under your username so people can view your patches

I think that would be neat.

But for now I am buying a compact .5 inch binder and I am just gonna create my own cover for it and print out new patches as I discover them and throw them into those clear page protectors. Then hopefully when I have it filled I will have a solid patchbook I can print and distribute. Thats my plan for right now. unless cm.o gets a patch tab that is.

EDIT: http://platforma3.tumblr.com/post/78510 … h-book-pdf

This is the link to Kodek's book. I dont know if there are more pages in the paid download but I just downloaded those 5 pages there, slapped them into microsoft word and printed double sided. They now sit at the back of my lsdj manual for quick reference.

Last edited by IndigoChild (Jul 24, 2013 1:09 am)

^ It wants me to pay to download even a sample. I clicked all the download links.

Kyle, Tx

Exactly. Just download the 5 pages they got on the link I gave. Dont worry the penis is not on the picture. Thats just on the website.