I had some free time on my hands and I put together a physical LSDJ Patchbook for myself.  It's printed double sided and folded into a booklet type thing.  It's the same size as my DMG and if fits right in the case with it.  The first half is made up of printed versions of that various instruments that I have acquired and the second half is blank spaces for any type of instrument that I come up with on the fly.

picture

If anyone is interested in printing out their own here are the templates that I used to put it together.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zwnhhved5k2wa

New Orleans, Louisiana

Woah awesome! Thanks for the template, bro!

Bronx, NY

Unbelievably awesome. Thank you so much!

This is going to replace the bunches of folded up notebook paper I have stuffed in my Game Boy case.

Last edited by Ricky Brugal (Oct 26, 2012 1:53 am)

Joliette, QC, Canada

How to waste our trees with chipmusic 101 !!!
wink

Very nice! I have been working on a GB-cart sized book. PM if you'd be interested in bouncing ideas off one another some time.

Babylon, NY

Uh. This rules? LSDJ patchbook? more like LSDJ logbook!

NC in the US of America

I need to start keeping track of patches... I just make up instruments as I go along... sad

So this will be useful if I ever break that habit.

Harrisonburg, Virginia

I was about to do this, Thank goodness I this came along to save me an afternoon of work. :3 Thanks alot, can't wait to start filling these pages up! big_smile

Freiburg, Germany

It would be awesome if somebody made a dedicated LSDJ notebook app for the most popular platforms so we can save the trees. Bonus points for sharing capabilities. 20x bonus multiplier for a built in emulated preview.

England

Might be a good idea to add tempo and grooves to this

As soon as you change the tempo or the groove of a song then it will change the sound you have made.

a kick might sound great at 140bpm and a 6/6 groove but (if you are anything like me!) you change the tempo to 40 and the gro0ve to 2/4/3/8 then it all goes wrong.

BK
lastfuture wrote:

It would be awesome if somebody made a dedicated LSDJ notebook app for the most popular platforms so we can save the trees. Bonus points for sharing capabilities. 20x bonus multiplier for a built in emulated preview.

This already exists for iOS thanks to Cheapshot!
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lsdj-pa … 65867?mt=8

East Kilbride, Scotland
lastfuture wrote:

You're trying to be funny right?

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/lsdj-pa … 65867?mt=8

México, DF.
XyNo wrote:

How to waste our trees with chipmusic 101 !!!
wink

Cut down all the trees and name the streets after them.

Even if you don't have an iOS device you can still get the instrument data from Cheepshot's app. If you buy the app from iTunes the  .ipa file is just a fancy zip file.  If you open it up you can find all of the instrument data and all of the samples.  No iPhone required.

Awesome man! Thanks a lot!

Freiburg, Germany

I really didn't know about the app, that is amazing