Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Bit wish wrote:
Alpine wrote:

But you can make it white in the settings, or something like that

It would be cool if you could personalize the setting your self, and the layout.

If you know CSS, install http://userstyles.org/

and be like:

@-moz-document domain("chipmusic.org") {
  body
  {
    background: pink;
  }
}

or something

New Albany Indiana
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:
Bit wish wrote:

I think it would be an awesome idea to start posting some newer videos of our music on youtube with the tags of the first page stuff so people can see some new stuff.

This is a positive, simple and forward thinking approach to getting a more varied idea of chip music into non-hardcore folk's brains.

other people didn't think so.

California, United States
Bit wish wrote:
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:

This is a positive, simple and forward thinking approach to getting a more varied idea of chip music into non-hardcore folk's brains.

I stopped even looking in this thread after a while, but I like this idea.

New Albany Indiana
Doxic wrote:
Bit wish wrote:

I stopped even looking in this thread after a while, but I like this idea.

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/9980/ … p-youtube/

Every thing that happened in that thread is basically the reason why i even opened this thread. People ask why here? This isn't the entire chip community... because this is the bulk.

Douglas, Wyoming

I think we need a sub forums for specifically for questioning the scene and discussing how it's dying.

Warwickshire, UK

Certainly some sub-genre catagories would be useful too I think.

A flyer Dr. Know used to hand out at their gigs. It applies to the chip scene and pretty much every other scene everywhere.

Last edited by NationalBroadcastNetwork (Mar 3, 2013 10:55 pm)

sweden

Tulsa, OK

I have mixed feelings about cm.o specifically.
But I see that the Chipmusic scene has split into three main parts

- the rigid crowd who feel that they are better than everyone else or they have more credibility
- the kid crowd that know nothing and may or may not amount to anything as a chip musician
- the hipster crowd that are kind of moving on toward sea punk, wave shizz, and stuff like that. They were always in it for the aesthetic anyway.

I'm not sure that there is much we can or should do about it. I'm sort of disenfranchised with the scene and chose to take my friends and do my own thing.

IL, US
Jake Allison wrote:

- the rigid crowd who feel that they are better than everyone else or they have more credibility
- the kid crowd that know nothing and may or may not amount to anything as a chip musician
- the hipster crowd that are kind of moving on toward sea punk, wave shizz, and stuff like that. They were always in it for the aesthetic anyway.

I'm not sure that there is much we can or should do about it. I'm sort of disenfranchised with the scene and chose to take my friends and do my own thing.

so according to you, everyone is kind of a douche?

Warwickshire, UK

There's certainly an immature side to this forum which I'm not enjoying so much... maybe I'm just too old wink

Vienna
e.s.c. wrote:
Jake Allison wrote:

so according to you, everyone is kind of a douche?

haha..yeah- i choose the 3rd part: moving on to refined chipmusic, from this day on known as digitwave! :3

Last edited by Rico Z (Mar 5, 2013 7:40 pm)

Unsubscribe

Just because i think im better than you, doesn't make it untrue man.

Lexington, KY

I'd like to point out that Nordloef's last post was the most amazingly timed post of all time.

New Albany Indiana
Jake Allison wrote:

Sorta true, but i think its a little more diverse than that.

Seattle, WA US
Jake Allison wrote:

I wonder where I fall within this all encompassing spectrum of chipbros