Los Angeles, CA

That list sucks.

Brunswick, GA USA

Doing your own thing is always an option, since it should've been the reason you became involved in the first place.

Nottingham, UK

Clearly this guy has never heard of Swimm 3:16, the three pillars of chip.

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Mar 5, 2013 8:13 pm)

Seattle, WA US
Wizwars wrote:

That list sucks.

buffalo, NY

Dear chip scene

Stay posi yo

Tulsa, OK
e.s.c. wrote:
Jake Allison wrote:

I have mixed feelings about cm.o specifically.
But I see that the Chipmusic scene has split into three main parts

- the rigid crowd who feel that they are better than everyone else or they have more credibility
- the kid crowd that know nothing and may or may not amount to anything as a chip musician
- the hipster crowd that are kind of moving on toward sea punk, wave shizz, and stuff like that. They were always in it for the aesthetic anyway.

I'm not sure that there is much we can or should do about it. I'm sort of disenfranchised with the scene and chose to take my friends and do my own thing.

so according to you, everyone is kind of a douche?

I point out that everyone is a douche because no side is completely better than the other. Everyone has made the scene what it is, and it sucks.

Wizwars wrote:

That list sucks.

You hate me anyway man.

Los Angeles, CA

Do I? Not even sure I know you. But I'll take your word for it.

Warwickshire, UK

flit kills moths - enough said!

buffalo, NY

Guys 

You're not staying posi

Last edited by danimal cannon (Mar 5, 2013 11:13 pm)

my mom's basement

I see way to many of these threads on here, and I think that's enough of a testament to the state of the chipmusic community. Do we really have nothing better to do than get our panties in a bunch over something something said on a forum? I think we all (myself included) need to get the sand out of our vagina's, and focus on the reason we all came to the community. Unless you came to bitch, in which case carry on.

Last edited by Catf1sh (Mar 5, 2013 11:22 pm)

Seattle, WA US

POSITUNE 4 LIFE

STR8(bit) EDGE 4EVER

Tulsa, OK
Catf1sh wrote:

I see way too many of these threads on here, and I think that's enough of a testament to the state of the chipmusic community. Do we really have nothing better to do than get our panties in a bunch over something something said on a forum? I think we all (myself included) need to get the sand out of our vaginas, and focus on the reason we all came to the community. Unless you came to bitch, in which case carry on.

Gosford, Australia

this is a website
on the internet
go to shows, meet people, collaborate or just have a few drinks or juice pops it's all g

fuckin xXPoSiCoReXx yo

Nottingham, UK

ONLY I HAVE THE BRAINS TO RULE THE LYLAT SYSTEM

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

I think the chipmusic community has nice people.
I think the chipmusic community has not nice people.
I think the chipmusic community has good music.
I think the chipmusic community has lots of bad music too.
I think the chipmusic community is like any other community: too diverse to contextualise.

These are my thoughts on the chipmusic community.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
AndrewKilpatrick wrote:

I think the chipmusic community has nice people.
I think the chipmusic community has not nice people.
I think the chipmusic community has good music.
I think the chipmusic community has lots of bad music too.
I think the chipmusic community is like any other community: too diverse to contextualise.

These are my thoughts on the chipmusic community.

And just like every other community, it goes through periods of introspection. Apparently this one (and most periods of introspection for the chip community) is a really negative and depressing, nihilistic period of reflection. It's not like introspection is a terrible thing, it's when you indulge in it too often or too deeply that you start to become a narcissistic or insular community. That's pretty much where we are now.

Last edited by Russellian (Mar 6, 2013 1:18 am)