Wilmington,NC

I might wanna get in on this.

Chicago IL, USA

do it, i like your mc chris remix. Was that for remix wars? I was finalist for my popcorn frog remix and runner up with Lullaby remix. Lemme know if you have an idea what song you wanna do, deadlines not til July 1 so not much of a rush.

Wilmington,NC

Cool man, cool.

Philly

wish i found out about this sooner!

EDIT: I nominate SKGB for doing creepy ass sludge version of "Picture This"

Last edited by Pixel8ter (May 16, 2012 3:42 am)

Chicago IL, USA

Go tell him then haha, and you can jump on too if you want.

Philly

Cool.  Can we get an updated track list?

Detroit, MI

On that track list note, I'm dropping out of Sabotage. Not coming together like I want it to.

Chicago IL, USA
Pixel8ter wrote:

Cool.  Can we get an updated track list?

Do you have an idea what song you wanna do, or should I list you as tbd?  Am I to add SKGB as well?

Geneva, NY
SUPERNERD wants to fight! wrote:

On that track list note, I'm dropping out of Sabotage. Not coming together like I want it to.

[Sighs] OK pencil me in for Sabotage. I have an idea.

Chicago IL, USA

Just to keep it noticeable to those involved I'm reposting the rough track list here so no one needs to search through the pages and all that.

Me- Intergalactic
Bleo - Sabotage
Datafix - tbd
Chips Challenge - No Sleep til Brooklyn
Supernerd - Hey Ladies
Subterrestrial - Whatcha Want
theta forest - Alive
Defiant system - Root Down
Square therapy- Right Right Now Now
DJ Cutman- tbd
Datacats - Sure Shot
Subwoofer Special - Ch-ch-Check it out
Cartoon Bomb - Pass the Mic, Flute Loop
Shitbird - Heart Attack Man
Jotie - Girls
_-_- : Instant Death
D&D Sluggers - tbd
Pixel8ter - tbd
Bleo - Sabotage
Helgeland 8-Bit Squad - too Many Rappers
Mystery Stain - Shake your Rump
Skin Walker - Body Movin
SKGB - Picture this (maybe?)
Squidula - Super Disco Breakin
Boddah - Make Some Noise

that makes 20+ contributors, plus 2 people I know that I'm waiting for confirmation on. I'm not setting a limit to how many people can enter a track, because who knows if everyone listed will finish up songs, and even if 30 songs get submitted, it'll just be a super tribute. If you do more than one, I will pick either the best one, or if someone did the same song, pick the one someone else didn't do. I'm thinking extra tracks or doubles of tracks will be included as "bonus tracks", but we will see how it all comes together in the end. 

Deadline is July 1st, so that leaves quite a lot of time for you all to work on and perfect your songs. Make sure to save all your mp3's at 320kbps. I will pm my email to each of you soon, once I have time to do it all.

I am still deciding on a clever name for it, and on the artwork. Any suggestions are welcome. If someone else wants to take care of the artwork, that's good too. I was thinking just pixel art of the BB from either the Sabotage or Intergalactic videos. So if someone is good at pixel art and could make something cool out of that, that would be legit,

Last edited by SadPanda (Jun 8, 2012 3:22 am)

I hope all the artists on this compo actually spit the lyrics on your tracks or this will be really retarded IMO

Chicago IL, USA

I used the actual accapella for my track. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm sure most of them will do the same thing unless they go the extra mile recording their own vocals. Most people picked songs that have official accas, so if they don't use them I will be disappoint.

Last edited by SadPanda (May 18, 2012 11:55 am)

Melbourne, AU

We should all sing one song and chop it up beastie boys style.

Melbourne, AU

eg: this kanye west singalong I put together for /mu/

PINK WIG THICK ASS GIVE EM WHIPLASH

SadPanda wrote:

I used the actual accapella for my track. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm sure most of them will do the same thing unless they go the extra mile recording their own vocals. Most people picked songs that have official accas, so if they don't use them I will be disappoint.

Whoooa, where to get these???

Chicago IL, USA
an0va wrote:
SadPanda wrote:

Whoooa, where to get these???

http://www.beastiemixes.com/acappellas.php