rochester, ny
Merutochan wrote:

They're at about half the funding, and they also made a video where they show the first three potentiometers and other stuff

lol, he said phenom when he meant phoneme.

I thought they said they'd donate $5 to Kitsch as part of the purchase price when they flash LSDJ.

matt's mind

thats news to me.

A donation of $5.00 will be made to Johan Kotlinski

Oh haha, sub that out for Johan... Chiptunian slip.

matt's mind
Zef wrote:

Chiptunian slip.

aka, people coming down the stairs at blip

Troll account, banned

Look like a good time, y so hate sad

Make for a nice party, play with a friends in night... many money though - rich.

smile

IL, US
kitsch wrote:
Zef wrote:

Chiptunian slip.

aka, people coming down the stairs at blip

i did that plenty of times

Los Angeles
ant1 wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

$50 extra for the code

firebrandboy wrote:

gplv2 licensed

Yeah if you're selling a product with modified gpl code, ***you have to release your modified source code*** But then again, there is probably very very little modified, I'm actually kind of confused on why there are 2 Arduino pro minis, this could easily of been done with one, unless I'm missing something. How much R&D was done on this project again?

As for slamming projects, to me it seems people slam projects if they either are ripoffs of other projects without clear credits, or too expensive.

Denver Colorado

A wee bit late on this thread. But I personally know Josh (Synthboy+ Dev) and he is a great guy.

I very much dislike the bs surrounding projects like this. I understand your concern on legality but I don't understand everyone's very opinionated petty stance on the synthboy+. I have used the synthboy+ and it is a lot of fun. For some awful reason everytime I play live 19 different things go wrong with my gameboy. After playing around on this synthboy+ I may just purchase one. Because It feels safer and secure. Arduinoboys feel so temperamental to me. (I know they don't have to be, but most everything that touches a gameboy becomes fragile)

Chiptune is a niche genre already!, so something like this doesn't deserve your harsh sentiment. There is only a small group of us out there, so I believe we should support each other in our endeavors. If purist elitism persists, the scene is just going to fade away.

Oh and Most of you have the same point of view as well, which isn't healthy discussion.

I am going to support Chris and Josh because they are good people, trying to help the scene move forward.

Last edited by ChampionLovesYou (Sep 12, 2012 4:18 am)

ChampionLovesYou wrote:

[...]
There is only a small group of us out there, so I believe we should support each other in our endeavors. If purist elitism persists, the scene is just going to fade away.
[...]

Not really, kinda feels like there is a new kid poping up, like every month.

Detroit, Michigan
9-Heart wrote:

Not really, kinda feels like there is a new kid poping up, like every month.

Last edited by snesei (Sep 11, 2012 6:27 pm)

Denver Colorado

at least in my area it feels that way. We all know each other and despite our style of chiptune we still appreciate each other. If someone new pops up from the nether we take them in, let them play a show with us. Help if they ask for it. This same mentality helped me become a better chipper.
This is of course, my individual opinion and I could quite possibly have a small town-like chiptune idealism.

I just want chipmusic to be a happy place for people, not just another scene that the "did it before you's" ruin.

ChampionLovesYou wrote:

I just want chipmusic to be a happy place for people, not just another scene that the "did it before you's" ruin.

You want to go to a different site then.

rochester, ny
ChampionLovesYou wrote:

by the "did it before you's" are you referring to trash80, the guy who designed the thing these people are selling?

reject of nintendoage

...late to chime in, but i'm having a hard time understanding why a DIYer gets dissed for putting out something that he has put a lot of effort in and he thinks other poeple might want to have.
Ok, he can make it open source, but in the end thats his decision. Price may be steep, but i don't see anyone complaining about hunjebeau for a D`n`D`, mostly justified by everyone for the DIY and development effort.

don't like it, don't buy it.

i won't, but it seems like a fun thing to put my sticky fingers on...