matt's mind

yeah.  the hole this thing goes through is 9/16".

and, GREAT TIP!  if you need an excellent dremel bit for shaving off plastic well, the bits that are used to cut tile are really wonderful.  nice sharp teeth on them.

thanks for letting me know they worked, didn't make it to goodwill wink

Chicago
Telerophon wrote:

point being that experimenting with an LSDj keyboard is a long and gradual process of trial and error, no matter how perfect everything is on paper—it's understandable that it'd take a while to develop that kit.

Story of my life... I literally have 6+ shitty PS/2 keyboards in my room, its been months since I started my attempts to get a keyboard working.

But seriously, Kistch and Bitman that is a very sweet kit! Glad to see everything went swimmingly. Major props Bitman that clear DMG is super sleek.

Kistch to give you an idea for what your in store for, here is what your case might look like with a PS/2 port mod

Milwaukee, WI

Where printable screen covers??? MUST HAVE NOW.  Also, clear case want real bad.

Philadelphia
Theta_Frost wrote:

Also, clear case want real bad.

I've been going to the custom dmg page on the store and checking the dropdown box way too much within the past day.

Austin, Texas
Theta_Frost wrote:

Where printable screen covers??? MUST HAVE NOW.  Also, clear case want real bad.

Apeshit actually has one available right now.

Not to take any business away from our amazing friend kitsch. tongue

Also, "printable" in this case means silk-screen printable with a mask—there would be some skill involved in custom-printing screen covers.

matt's mind

printable doesn't mean silkscreen (in this case).  it means in your home printer.  wink  its a bit different (a new kit)

i literally finalized the order for the clear screens just a moment ago, they should arrive within two weeks (i think, need to check on this tbh)...

i'm posting clear cases as soon as i'm caught up on orders.  since getting back from BRK thats all i've done, i don't want them in the shop and have that rush of orders until i get done with the ones people have already placed, only seems fair...

matt's mind

i'll take a pic and send out the newsletter on these tomorrow, i wanted to give you guys a jump on them...

the clear cases are in the shop!

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/custom-dmg-case

as are clear buttons (again)

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/custom-buttons

and added some more prom cart titles!

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/ga … -cartridge

that is all.

Well, there went a full day's pay.

Austin, TX

What do people use the prom carts for?  Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Medina, Ohio

Dangit, they have to come out the day after my EMS cart shipped... Oh well. Maybe I'll pick one up soon big_smile

Philadelphia

Oh man they're already all sold out D:

matt's mind

no they aren't

Philadelphia

Sorry about that, I guess other people had it stored in their carts or something while I was trying to order. It kept saying there weren't any left. Ignore everything! I ordered 3 smile thank you!

Milwaukee, WI

Got nasty and ordered. Looking forward to my goods!  Pretty soon we'll have completely new GB's, aside from the PCB's (and I'm sure that won't even last wink ) and proprietary components!  Wow.

Are the clear cases going to be a limited thing? I want two but I dunno if they'll last before I get paid in 2 weeks. :I

matt's mind

limited but only for the moment.  so not really.

there are some colors i'd like to keep in rotation.  black, white, and clear.

i've decided against doing the light grey as a standard color, it was nice to do this the first run in homage i suppose, but its not my favorite. 

outside those three colors, the rest will be one-off runs i'm thinking.