Melbourne, Australia
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:
egr wrote:

#4  MOSHPITS (although I acted like a frail old man and didn't get in any of them)

oh man... ok this is no joke. like, moshing at blip 12 seriously changed my life. im not even kidding.

i had surgery like 2 years and took a LONG time to recover, i still had problems with my ribs, constant weird lower torso pain stuff and IDK. doctors told me everything was fine, so I assumed that it was just always going to be like that and stopped bothering with it. UNTIL BLIP 12 where i got destroyed in the pit. I was holding some crowdsurfing fool up when another drunken fool smashes into me and i feel a loud POP. I thought i broke another rib or something and was a bit freaked. couldn't lift up my arm and shit hurt for a while, but when it got better... i was totally freaking fixed! i seriously hadn't felt that good in years and havent had a single problem since.

western medicine < blip festival

</thread>

This guy wins. Best story ever.

blip 2012...I will never forget. Finally meeting everyone at the same time was so overwhelmingly awesome. I almost purposely missed my flight back home, because i fell in love with New York. I think my favorite moment in show was when Bit Shifters lsdj crashed. Was such a chiptune moment,lol...Favorite out of show moment was hanging with Kodek on a 3rd story fire escape smoking spliffs all night. I think the culture shock was the same for both of us, even though we come from totally different areas of the world...Also when KOOL SKULL arrived on the 3rd night just soooaked because he ran from the airport all the way to the show.lol

Austin, Texas
AdamGetsAwesome wrote:

My best Blip memory is not having Blip memories.

BOSTON

well... I think Adams lack of memory is for a different, more liquidy fermented, reason

Austin, Texas
ovenrake wrote:

hally was about to select his last song, but no carrier grabbed by the shoulder and told me to start shouting "Surfin' USA"
So I did, because it was open bar, and I would jump off a cliff if no carrier told me to.
Hally played his cover, everyone lost their shit, and i lost my shit.

I was on stage for Hally doing Surfin' USA at Datapop 2010, a now-defunct SXSW show with 8BP backing that was really great while it lasted. It was just such an unfiltered moment of fun to be on stage with 30 people screaming Surfin' USA over a Famicom at the behest of an overwhelmingly exuberant Japanese man. That's actually where I met I, Cactus and most of the Austin people for the first time, too. smile

Not a Blip Memory™ per se, but that seems like it was in the spirit of all of the wonderful ones you guys all have. wink

BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

well… I think Adams lack of memory is for a different, more liquidy fermented, reason

Ahh, a lack of memory does not necessarily imply a lack of experience. How insightful! tongue

Hahahaha.

That gives me another Datapop memory: The venue that used to host it, The Highball, is kind of a strange place. I don't have any ill to speak of it, but it seems like a place with no target audience—it's a super rockabilly posh bar with a bowling alley and karaoke. neutral

Anyway, they had a drink special during Datapop 2011 (the last Datapop), that was 50¢ Milwaukee's Best.

So, of course, the bartender tells me this, and I hand him a dollar bill and say, "I'll take two!"

He cracks the tops on both of them, hands them to me, and says pointedly as I begin to double-fist:

"Don't forget to tip!"

I always tip, but holy shit bartender dude, please chill out. Then again, SXSW is fucking brutal on the service industry workers here… I had a girlfriend work a 90 hour week during a SXSW once. yikes

Last edited by Telerophon (Aug 1, 2012 11:51 am)

England

someone nice here gettin me real frikkin high and then being placed in charge of the 8bc stall while everyone else went to see nordloef (I'd seen him before, so was being nice) and having to deal with a really intense n00b IRL, who couldnt grasp the concept of making music on a Game Boy at all and putting my customer service skillz to the test.

Also, all the cock at the 08 afterparty.

playing Paperdolls twice and not being killed for it.

Unsubscribe
4mat wrote:

The crowd was begging you to!

Westfield, NJ

I have 2:

Blip NY 2011 - crowd surfing to the stage during Bit Shifter's set and fist pumping like an idiot until hopping back off. I was dropped on the concrete a few seconds later but worth it.

Blip NY 2012 - playing the Kaoss pad during Omodaka's set. It only lasted a few seconds but I cried afterward.

England
herr_prof wrote:
4mat wrote:

The crowd was begging you to!

Idea for Blipfest Cambridge - 4mat and I sat in my flat on our own listening to Paperdolls on a loop.

BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

albino ghost monkey at blip 09 (RIP)

WHAT

The Bronx
PlainFlavored wrote:
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

albino ghost monkey at blip 09 (RIP)

WHAT

Yeah, what's this "RIP" business? Has anyone heard from him? Sorry to change the thread's subject, but it's worth asking because so many of us are wondering how Dise is doing after having gone M.I.A. in November 2010.

BOSTON

as far as i know, nobody has heard ANYTHING from him from almost 2 years now

The Bronx
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

as far as i know, nobody has heard ANYTHING from him from almost 2 years now

Okay. Don't kill him anymore, please.

IL, US

pretty sure he's not dead... haven't tried calling him in a while since he stopped answering/returning calls from people he knows through music...Low-gain said Dise is still working at a place called Badger Brew in the same town he's lived in for years

BOSTON

RIP minusbaby 2012