Unsubscribe

C'mon ride that train that chip tooon train.

Wilmington,NC

C'MON AND CHIP! AND WELCOME TO THE BLIP! C'MON AND CHIP, IF YOU WANNA BLIP!!!

Just seen Avios advert on the TV, and this sounds very chip inspired

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiJ4T3E-NM8

edit : lovely tune too smile

Last edited by om (Nov 20, 2011 7:04 pm)

Australia
goto80 wrote:

Mega-btw: this is the earliest use of chip-like music (not just timbre) that I've come across. It was made with paper in Soviet in the 1930's. How about that? smile Start like one minute into the clip.

This is amazing.  I 100% get what they are doing and it's mind blowing.   I'll get this translated in the new year. (I live with a russian gal, although I'm not sure how she will go with the tech lingo!)

CHIPTUNE

That's a great idea, let us know if you can make sense of it.

There's plenty to read about these sort of things. Several ppl in Russia had similar things going, but also in Europe and USA I think there were some audiovisual waveform boogie-boogies.

Tokyo, Japan
cTrix wrote:
goto80 wrote:

Mega-btw: this is the earliest use of chip-like music (not just timbre) that I've come across. It was made with paper in Soviet in the 1930's. How about that? smile Start like one minute into the clip.

This is amazing.  I 100% get what they are doing and it's mind blowing.   I'll get this translated in the new year. (I live with a russian gal, although I'm not sure how she will go with the tech lingo!)

If you could even give me your best effort at what you think they are doing I would be fascinated. If it is 1930's that is at least pre CSIRAC right? Also unless my history is deserting me it is pre Betchley park et al code breaking machines like the colossus?

Is this the first example of FAKEBIT???

CHIPTUNE

it's not digital technologies: it translates light into sound. it's like a reverse process of how film sound works. there you have a separate 'track' for the audio, eventhough it's light. so, you can also "paint sound" into that soundtrack, which several experimental film makers did early. am i right, cTrix? smile

(so yes, it's definitely fakebit)

Last edited by goto80 (Dec 20, 2011 3:25 pm)

Brazil

goto80 saving the thread!

But still, I'm like 4 years reading forum threads and they've been the same for so long...

blushes for resurrecting this ancient thread, but I just noticed there's a chiptune based track on youtube with 4.4m hits.  Is that a record ?

rusko's bionic commando remix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7lVG9RqU1E

it doesn't quite totally slaughter it, but...

- level one music so much better anyway wink

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
soultron wrote:

C'MON AND CHIP! AND WELCOME TO THE BLIP! C'MON AND CHIP, IF YOU WANNA BLIP!!!

lul'd when I randomly saw this.