hey, can somebody please help me achieve some fast "trap" hi-hats on LSDJ? i've been messing around with no success. reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGh0yVtQbLA any help greatly appreciated!

Last edited by joythief (Aug 15, 2012 4:59 am)

Rxx on the hi hats for retriggers!

GROOVE SCREEN, 3/3 or faster, double your pattern length to compensate

Also try shortening your instrument length to make them real short and snappy. 10 or lower works well.

Melbourne, AU

R

New York
mysterystain wrote:

R

+1

shanghai

R & Triplets + Groove = TRAP

Austin, Texas

I always have heard that TR-909 hihats were the the most common sound in Trap. Maybe this will help.

Savannah, Georgia

to be specific, R07 and R04 usually do the best for that kind of stuff when running at 6ticks

Sydney, NSW
Telerophon wrote:

I always have heard that TR-909 hihats were the the most common sound in Trap. Maybe this will help.

808s, actually

uhajdafdfdfa

a sort of off topic lsdj question but it doesn't deserve a new thread...

does the retrigger command in lsdj run over rows? if your groove is 6/6 and you R0C or whatever, will that work? or does it have to be less than 6

Chicago IL

waka flocka's a fuckin idiot

kansas city
Saskrotch wrote:

dj holiday's a fuckin genius

Chicago IL
DUNGEONMASTER wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

dj holiday's a fuckin genius

eh, guilty by association

Gosford, Australia
ant1 wrote:

does the retrigger command in lsdj run over rows? if your groove is 6/6 and you R0C or whatever, will that work? or does it have to be less than 6

yes!
obviously not if a new note plays before the retrigger can start but i'm sure you knew that

R 01

R 03

noise hihats

also

waka flocka is fucking genius

his lyrics and style are retarded

but he sells hundreds of thousands of records

Detroit, Michigan
Durahan wrote:

R 01

R 03

noise hihats

also

waka flocka is fucking genius

his lyrics and style are retarded

but he sells hundreds of thousands of records

and his name is waka flocka

babylon

umm. i like trap. waka flocka is not the only trap artists. does this really have to turn into another bs thread. 
any who . . . im curious how the groove comes into play. i figured a fast retrig would handle it. but at the same time i would probably set my tempo to 180 or something. are you writing it at 90? i think im gonna dink around on my gb now.