Liverpool, UK

The first ever Raptor Kharlan liveset should be with El Tin Foilo Hat Brigado surely?

astral cat
b3tabot wrote:
nordloef wrote:

The one thing I dont get about this thread is how in hell you would fill a 1k venue with unknown artists? Fill it with the cream of the crap.

To fill a 1k gig we will need EVERYONE to perform... , and I do mean EVERYONE

cool. on my way.

Liverpool, UK

ultra mega mosh 1000 musicians on one stage, so many mixers, so much noise LET'S DO IT

Rice Lake, WI
calmdownkidder wrote:

ultra mega mosh 1000 musicians on one stage, so many mixers, so much noise LET'S DO IT

that could end up being the most tangled mess of cords ever!

IL, US
albino ghost monkey wrote:
calmdownkidder wrote:

that could end up being the most tangled mess of cords ever!

possibly slightly less-so than my apartment

Ctrix
Trash80
WDUWSTS
Buskerdroid
AMU
Maskinoperatör
Misfitchris
Rockman
BitRchip
Knife City
Ralp
Uoki-Toki
YMCK

------ = -------

Last edited by B3tabot (Jan 8, 2012 9:10 am)

Madison, WI

Hmm, that's a bit troublesome.  Typically when you have a show with multiple stages you're given the option to pick a genre.  Two chip stages = lots of really frustrated people that can't see the two acts they want because they're performing simultaneously in two different locations.

Cambridge UK
little-scale wrote:

It's a shame people are suggesting Raptor-Kharlan - why not Derris-Kharlan, Dot.AY, Maddest Kings Alive or Ctrix, if you're going to ask for people from Australia?

Oh, when I wrote "I say 10 000 free men and their families and friends and Raptor-Kharlan", I meant it as :
10k (or for long "Ten thousand free men and their families")
the "and friends", meant "and every single Australian chip musician"
And then, "Raptor-Kharlan" was added "for teh lulz" and to emphasize the "every sinlge Australian chip musician".

(But let it be noted that I AM, for REAL, a big Raptor-Kharlan fan, and would sacrifice many baby raptors to Raptor Jesus to see them perform live. And I'm a Derris-Kharlan fan too. :3)

New York, New York
calmdownkidder wrote:

/me forms 80s WaxTrax style tribute band called 1000 Hairtune DJs.

Brooklon

This all sounds like it's shaping up pretty well, B3tabot. A moderately sized, summer show is ideal, in my opinion, since Blip is in the winter and Pulsewave fills the desire for small, monthly gatherings. That being said, I do echo the idea that even a couple hundred nerds in a 1000 person venue will feel a bit bleak. I know you mentioned smaller rooms within the same venue would be available and I think that is a great avenue to check out - just try to avoid the multiple stage bit as I think it would lead to annoyances like nonfinite mentioned. Better to get a nice, round bill with as many acts as you can get on there and still break even. Don't try to fit too many as things could just get crazy (I'm imagining so many artists that each artists only gets 15 minutes and are split between two stages - not a good recipe for a satisfied concert goer or performing artist).

What I'm trying to get to with all this babble is that I think you were very much in the right to come here and find out what people really want in a show. Good luck and I look forward to seeing the flier!

nonfinite wrote:

Note!, multifaros, Diamonds & Dynamite, Natty, WDUWSTS, Dauragon teamed up with A_Rival, E.S.C., x|k, SYLCMYK.

And Anthony, you are the man. Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Last edited by B3tabot (Jul 29, 2011 4:48 am)

Edmonton, Canada

Raptor-Kharlan unleashed upon the world....hmmm....

I'd definitely like to see more UK and Canadian musicians play. that's about it really.

Last edited by lynit (Feb 26, 2010 5:51 am)

Last edited by B3tabot (Jul 29, 2011 4:48 am)

Liverpool, UK

jealous @ you being able to have money to fly in Derris

Ontario, Canada

awesome, personally I would looooooove to see peeR and PDF Format play this baby.

Last edited by J. Arthur Keenes (Mar 6, 2010 6:30 pm)