Unsubscribe
shizcake wrote:

Ok, he can make it open source, but in the end thats his decision.

All well and good except for the software he is relying on that he didn't code that is open source and requires him to make any derivations open source.

I think that kinda takes a back seat to impractical design, and excessive cost. Its a moot point now anyways.

reject of nintendoage

lol
just realized i'm too drunk to see that this isn't the thread about the arcade synth thingy...my apologies and please transplant my previous reply to the other thread.
my opinions on this are different, but instead of rambling along i'll just go to bed now smile

PS: i don't see how pointing out that he's married and a father contributes to this discussion...don't mean to offend but this kind of stuff always irritates me..

Sydney, NSW
shizcake wrote:

don't like it, don't buy it.

I've always hated that 'don't x it? don't y it' mentaliy, uuuugh

Brunswick, GA USA

I had to read the beginning of the thread to remember what it was about.

Denver Colorado

hjhkjlh

Last edited by ChampionLovesYou (Sep 12, 2012 4:14 am)

Denver Colorado
nickmaynard wrote:
ChampionLovesYou wrote:

I just want chipmusic to be a happy place for people, not just another scene that the "did it before you's" ruin.

by the "did it before you's" are you referring to trash80, the guy who designed the thing these people are selling?

That is an issue, And you are just, by bringing it up. Has anyone talked to trash80? I am aware they were communicating through the dev of the synthboy+.

And how does he feel about it? I mean everyone is saying it is sooo fuckeddd up, but idk what his opinion is.

I think if Trash80 told them to NOT use mGB then they wouldn't use it.

I said they are good people because they are. They do not just want to fuck people over/ or just make money off this project. They won't make money off this project as is. Josh and Chris are doing this to give back to the scene and because they are Diy'ers.

It's fun to have chiptune hardware to keep the music going. I am glad they are making it.

Unsubscribe

He has multiple posts about the matter in this very thread. I think its fair to say he is ambivalent about it at best.

Denver Colorado
Chainsaw Police wrote:
shizcake wrote:

don't like it, don't buy it.

I've always hated that 'don't x it? don't y it' mentaliy, uuuugh

actually I don't much care for that stance either..

Don't like it? Don't think about it. Don't have any negative stance on anything. Actually don't think at all...

Denver Colorado
herr_prof wrote:

He has multiple posts about the matter in this very thread. I think its fair to say he is ambivalent about it at best.

I saw one post. And I guess I could agree.

alright I have no more. Sleep to this subject.

Last edited by ChampionLovesYou (Sep 12, 2012 4:35 am)

rochester, ny
ChampionLovesYou wrote:
nickmaynard wrote:

by the "did it before you's" are you referring to trash80, the guy who designed the thing these people are selling?

That is an issue, And you are just, by bringing it up. Has anyone talked to trash80? I am aware they were communicating through the dev of the synthboy+.

And how does he feel about it? I mean everyone is saying it is sooo fuckeddd up, but idk what his opinion is.

I think if Trash80 told them to NOT use mGB then they wouldn't use it.

I said they are good people because they are. They do not just want to fuck people over/ or just make money off this project. They won't make money off this project as is. Josh and Chris are doing this to give back to the scene and because they are Diy'ers.

It's fun to have chiptune hardware to keep the music going. I am glad they are making it.

here are some quotes from trash80 in the NINSTRUMENT thread that preceded this.

trash80 wrote:

Honestly I think this is sad... kind of a insult... Sorry but I think you are doing it wrong... *does not condone or admire*

As far as mGB and Arduinoboy are concerned the licensing allows distribution with commercial products as long as any modified source is released to the public.

When I make something for free I want others to have the same respect to the work I put into it. It was and will not be used for profit from my side, so I can not condone it.

of course I cannot condone it. How would you feel if you did a slew of research & development for free, for the community, to then have someone else turn around and use it for profit without permission?

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/5887/ … g-updated/

Denver Colorado

point taken, good luck everyone!