Sweeeeeeden
bryface wrote:
nitro2k01 wrote:

To anyone who might be wondering, the version of LittleFM that is publicly available does not work with derp. It's all working, but I need to finish the script for patching an LSDj ROM before I feel comfortable releasing it.

if that's the case, why does it say here on derpcart.com that LittleFM is in fact supported?  is that remark actually false?  just wanted some clarification.

Wasn't my message clear enough? I have it all working, but I haven't released that version of the software yet.

vancouver, canada
nitro2k01 wrote:
bryface wrote:

if that's the case, why does it say here on derpcart.com that LittleFM is in fact supported?  is that remark actually false?  just wanted some clarification.

Wasn't my message clear enough? I have it all working, but I haven't released that version of the software yet.

i guess it's just the difference between saying "it is supported" and "it's not supported yet officially but it will be soon."

in any case, looking forward to an updated littleFM release!

Cincinnati Ohio
bryface wrote:
nitro2k01 wrote:

To anyone who might be wondering, the version of LittleFM that is publicly available does not work with derp. It's all working, but I need to finish the script for patching an LSDj ROM before I feel comfortable releasing it.

I put LittleFM on my derp cart and the shell works fine.  load function is so much faster than regular.  I havent gotten the multi sav file support and other functions to work though.  i know some of them were never functional to begin with.  the multi sav file thing opens the menu and loads the (one) sav file properly but im stuck on figuring out how to put more sav files on there if its even possible.

edit: didnt read the rest of page.  excited for new version smile

Last edited by spry (Nov 4, 2012 6:23 pm)

Sweeeeeeden

Well, I told abrasive I had things working some time ago and so he added that note to the homepage. Now that I'm not ready to release it yet, I thought I'd rather say so here than bother him to change the page, since I was planning to have a release ready soon anyway.

Canada

Looking forward to it!

Got my cart a few days ago. I'm loving this thing!

SYDNERDIA
bryface wrote:

1) apparently the cart is smart enough to recognize ... this means you don't have to worry about the particular order in which you overwrite/backup the cart (unless all your .SAV files have the same filename).  is this correct?

The point the instructions try and get across is that there are no files, or rather that they exist only in your mind. Matrixisms aside, the filesystem is fake, false, pretend. There are no real files; only the raw contents of the RAM and ROM on the cart.
Consequently, whether you use a new filename or replace the old, the target will be overwritten. It also means that "deleting" a file on the cart has no effect.

bryface wrote:

2) regardless, i think it'd be helpful for the heaps.txt to explain the filesystem in more detail, by going through the various use cases like the ones mentioned above.  i'm guessing you could provide more elaborate instructions by including it in a firmware update?

You guess correctly. I'll try and address this in the next update, which won't be for a while.

bryface wrote:

3) the cart sticker looks amazing and everything, but i'm just wondering, were there any discussions on having a half-size drag'n'derp sticker and leaving some extra space for another sticker of the user's choice?

Nope. Sorry.

bryface wrote:

4) any consideration for other cart colours in the future?

Not really. Feel free to peel off the sticker (the vinyl ones are quite durable) and use another case. There may be some special edition carts at some point, but that's by the by.

Anyway, glad you're enjoying the cart. Core mission = success.

SYDNERDIA
nitro2k01 wrote:

Well, I told abrasive I had things working some time ago and so he added that note to the homepage. Now that I'm not ready to release it yet, I thought I'd rather say so here than bother him to change the page, since I was planning to have a release ready soon anyway.

Edited the page to reflect this. Please let me know when it's supported and I'll update FAQ / post a news item.

Canada

So I'm plugging my cart into my mac, it gets one fairly short red blink, then stops blinking altogether. My mac doesn't recognize it.

I have no access to other cables; I'm using my blackberry to PC cable.

From what I've read it connects properly but my mac won't read the contents? I'll see if I can locate another cable. Guess I don't have any other Micro-B plug devices...

Last edited by Jansaw (Nov 11, 2012 11:30 pm)

Sweeeeeeden

Some cables are "charge only" cables. These skimp out on the two wires used for communication. Can you use this cable to connect to the Blackberry from the PC? (or Mac tongue ) If so, it should derp along just fine. The cartridge should work under OSX just fine.

Last edited by nitro2k01 (Nov 12, 2012 3:58 am)

Hi there,
my drag'n'derp cartridge seized to function properly.
It gets recognized by my PC no problem and worked flawlessly in the beginning. I wrote roms to it, saved, copied those save files from the cart and was able to later rewrite those to the cart again. They got recognized.
Then suddenly, the cart would not accept new .sav files but instead keep the one that is present on the cart intact.
Given the simple mechanics involved, I don't see what I could have done wrong. I always ejected the cart safely from my PC and handled it with care.
Has anyone else experienced the same thing?
abrasive, can you please help on this?
Thanks.

Sweeeeeeden

snatcher, the one thing I can think about is that depending on your OS, you may have to eject the cartridge between writing a ROM and a SAV. Ie, you can't write both things without unplugging and replugging the cartridge in between.

If you have LSDj on the cartridge, does it hold any changes you make?

nitro2k01 wrote:

snatcher, the one thing I can think about is that depending on your OS, you may have to eject the cartridge between writing a ROM and a SAV. Ie, you can't write both things without unplugging and replugging the cartridge in between.

If you have LSDj on the cartridge, does it hold any changes you make?

hmmm... I will confirm that when I'm at home, but that's how it worked in the beginning, writing ROM and SAV at the same time.

SYDNERDIA
snatcher123 wrote:

Thanks.

i replied to your email earlier today. check your spamfilter?

SYDNERDIA
nitro2k01 wrote:

not an issue on any OS with latest firmware.

abrasive wrote:
snatcher123 wrote:

Thanks.

i replied to your email earlier today. check your spamfilter?

Sorry, no mail from you in the mailbox nor in my spamfolder. Could you please resend it, or send me a pm?
Thx

hope to get one eventually