NSW, Australia
Gin wrote:

Melbourne is amazing and busy and beautifu (although we don't have enough chipmusics!), but really, anywhere in coastal Australia is lovely. Depends how much you like hot weather, though.

Melbourne chip scene is probably the biggest in Australia, i think anywas big_smile

Back on topic: How far do you plan on moving ?

Austin, TX
Rainbowdragoneyes wrote:

in the south of america, it is cheap and easy to survive, and you learn to live harmoniously with rednecks and christians

This.
except I live in Austin, which is almost like not living in Texas.
Also our weather is awesome. fuck the cold.

Turku, FIN

Finland has snow and booze. Sometimes sauna too.

Finland
KeFF wrote:

Finland has snow and booze. Sometimes sauna too.

Summers are fun because there is little bit less snow and more booze! And sauna too.

---

I love this city (Turku) during summer but hate it during winter, because often it's just grey, dark and wet.

Oh and I'm thinking about moving too (aka going back to school), maybe to Brisbane, how is it Australian folks?

astral cat

i live in scotland, it rains all the time, people are loud, drunk and mean and i basically just go to a shit college, spend time at home on IRC and chipmusic.org or on my bike (easy escape from mean drunk people) but i hear good things about our capital Edinburgh

Milan, Italy

Milan is an horrible city. I really hate it. I would not recomend to anyone to live in milan.
..but it's a really active city!
I live 20km far from milan and i get only the good things from this awful city.

A great 8bit comunity, a lot of paty-hard people, a lot of places to party-hard, some very good stores..

rochester, ny
Nue wrote:
Gin wrote:

Melbourne is amazing and busy and beautifu (although we don't have enough chipmusics!), but really, anywhere in coastal Australia is lovely. Depends how much you like hot weather, though.

Melbourne chip scene is probably the biggest in Australia, i think anywas big_smile

have you ever heard of billy whims?

São Paulo, Brazil
akira^8GB wrote:
Rainbowdragoneyes wrote:

in the south of america, it is cheap and easy to survive, and you learn to live harmoniously with rednecks and christians

You mean the south of NORTH America.
We at SOUTH AMERICA have no rednecks. Only crime.

SF
Nue wrote:

I am interested in hearing about anywhere in the world! I would really like to travel so there are no limits, really; other than money, of course.

little-scale wrote:

I like my town in terms of a place to live (I know that the guys from Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne will disagree with me here tongue) but it's not exactly the most exciting place on Earth. Especially not if you chiptune.

Adelaide, correct? Please, tell me more!

I'd also like to hear more about Sydney, Brisbane, and Melbourne.

I have a friend thinking of moving to NSW as well, anybody else from that area that can vouch for it?

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'd also like to hear about the government.

PDX
Rainbowdragoneyes wrote:

This. Perfect example, I'm an atheist and play at a church every Sunday for cash. There is no escaping religion here. Jesus is hovering over the shoulder of most Southerners. And I'm surprised you didn't mention:

rednecks + Christianity = rampant, steadfast, open racism

The Mountains

rape them and their puny religion for all they are worth

and rednecks, when utilized correctly, can be highly useful. they love to help out with giving directions, fixing cars, and other handy things

I come from Szczecin (Stetin) in north-west Poland and I live in London UK since 2000. Please avoid both of those places!

Seattle, WA

come to Sandpoint ID if you like to ski, hike, camp, swim/boat, weed, dick cops, cheap/expensive living conditions

small town music scene is 0

tons of hicks/rednecks, no jobs

Miami, FL

Miami is cool.

Pro:
Warm weather (+++)
Girls in Bikinis (++++++)
Great food
Friendly people (somewhat)
Kinda artsy (events: theater, opera, ballet, music, film, art expos)
It's a big city within a swampy, wild state (good for outdoor type of stuff)

Cons:
Horrid traffic
Public transportation is average (nothing compares to NYC)
Music scene kinda sucks (unless you're really into listening to trendy club music or mainstream indie pop)
A little expensive (rent)
Jobs are average

Huddersfield, UK

I live in Huddersfield, a fairly large town in the North of England that is surrounded by larger cities you've probably heard of before like Leeds, Manchester and Sheffield.

Pros:

Quite friendly people as a whole, apart from the chavs. But nobody likes them anyway.
Scenery is beautiful once you get out of the town centre.
Really good links to other major cities, Leeds is probably the best night out and it's only 30 minutes away on the train.
Town centre is decent enough for shopping, not as good as some of the bigger neighbours but still pretty alright.

Cons:

The local music scene is dominated by blink-182'abees and the sort of "hardcore" music where the whole song is a breakdown. Only one local venue too which sucks.
Concrete jungle inside the town centre, they've tried putting in some modern looking buildings but they stand out really bad next to 200 year old buildings.
Job market sucks, dominated by two things really; the supermarket chains over here (Asda and Tesco) normally snap up anyone without a job or studying at our shit University and get them stacking shelves for £3.80 an hour, or... making chemicals at the Zeneca plant half a mile up the road from me.
Replace Zeneca with a powerplant and Tescos with Try-N-Save and you've got the Simpsons wink

Overall though it's not too bad I guess, I'd rather visit Leeds or Manchester if I was a tourist but if you've got a day to burn then I guess it wouldn't be too bad a day out.

Cambridge, MA

Yea, so I live in small town in southern USA - New Bern, North Carolina to be exact. We are the child city of Bern in Switzerland and are pretty darn historic and all that jazz, but we've only really kept one thing over the past 300 years. Screw cows, we have freaking Bears.

EDIT: Apparently leeching these isn't working for some of them...

http://www.newberncourtreporters.com/im … ar%202.jpg
http://image22.webshots.com/23/9/5/10/2 … pzd_ph.jpg
http://www.newberntours.com/images/sidebarsSM_bear.jpg
http://www.atlasgeo.net/fotw/images/u/us-nc-nb.gif
http://www.beartownbears.org/bears.3.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adecorated … 706458870/

And oh yea, we made Pepsi.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ushb2/2348389473/

As to the actual music scene here, its pretty much Rock or Metal. Or Top 40 remixes. A small hick town means hardly any nerds, and then even fewer nerds interested in techno/trance/chipmusic. Ima try to change that in a couple months though.

Last edited by BetaSynapse (Mar 10, 2010 6:20 pm)