Finland

Sup guys. It's been a long time since I first read about nanoloop and few days ago I decided I could give something like that a try. I am work at the "gameshop" at the moment and today I got some info that I could get GBA SP in decent price. Somehow I found this forum and it seems to me that you guys "know your shit". So anyway, could you tell me that if there's a big difference between GBC, GBA and GBA SP. I can get all of those pretty easily but the problem in my case is that those flash cards are not too easy to get in here. I think pretty much only decent thing to do is order them from other countries.. And I think you should know that I am not interested in modding or anything like that at the moment. Just wanna try out nanoloop and/or lsdj. Thanks in advance!

Santa Cruz, California

ebay.
That's where I got my flash cart.
No matter where you look, a 64mb cart will cost you $65-$85.

New Orleans, Louisiana

kitsch has carts for 40 bucks. you don't need a flashy game boy at all. So, whatever you want to use (SP, GBC, DMG) go for it!

Santa Cruz, California
shanebro wrote:

kitsch has carts for 40 bucks...

SNAP! You're right!
I know where I'm buying those from now on.

Last edited by Teh D3th St4r (Feb 6, 2013 1:01 am)

IL, US

also, if its nanoloop you want, nanoloop one sells for 29 euros...
i'd probably go with whichever feels more comfortable to you, the gbc or gba sp (though the sp will need a headphone adapter, somewhat annoying but makes up for it with the lit screen)

rochester, ny

kitsch's carts won't work with nanoloop.

matt's mind
nickmaynard wrote:

kitsch's carts won't work with nanoloop.

right!!!!!  thats important!

LSDJ is fully functional, nanoloop is not.

for nanoloop you'll need to pick up one of the official carts.  not a flash cart.

Is there a way to stick nanoloop 1.6 carts in a shell securely?  I don't like how they're exposed.

matt's mind

no, the PCB is too thick, it won't go into the edge connector if you do this.

and the hole...

Yea I knew there wasn't a hole.  Just wish it wasn't exposed. Been a few years since I had nanoloop. Might have to get another one anyway.

Finland

Thank you all for responses. The main problem between the consoles was that GBA SP requires that adapter.. And if I got it right, you cant charge it while you have the 3,5mm jack connected? I thought about the modding thing yesterday and it's not really a problem for me. I am an electrician anyway, so it's doable. But is that "Pro Sound" mod really worth the effort? Yesterday I watched some videos and there seemed to be a huge difference between the modded one and the original. And for the poor light, there was this light mod and it seemed to be working perfectly fine aswell. So, if I am willing to do a little bit of modding should i buy GBC instead of GBA SP? And one more thing. There's a very little discussion about GBA in these type of forums. Why's that? Does anyone one use them to make music and if not, what's the reason?

New Albany Indiana

SP's dont have an earphone jack, advances have shitty sound, i have never used a gbc, get a dmg and order lsdj off of here: http://www.nonelectronics.com/catalog/i … 61fc775020

New Albany Indiana
H0bla wrote:

Thank you all for responses. The main problem between the consoles was that GBA SP requires that adapter.. And if I got it right, you cant charge it while you have the 3,5mm jack connected? I thought about the modding thing yesterday and it's not really a problem for me. I am an electrician anyway, so it's doable. But is that "Pro Sound" mod really worth the effort? Yesterday I watched some videos and there seemed to be a huge difference between the modded one and the original. And for the poor light, there was this light mod and it seemed to be working perfectly fine aswell. So, if I am willing to do a little bit of modding should i buy GBC instead of GBA SP? And one more thing. There's a very little discussion about GBA in these type of forums. Why's that? Does anyone one use them to make music and if not, what's the reason?

For some reason i felt like undoing my prosound mod and doing a cleaner job so i could install RCA pro-sound, it takes alto of time, and id say its worth it.

New Albany Indiana

I think its better to get the carts from nonfinite, and they come with 9 stickers :3

Finland

Thank you Bit Wish. The main reason I was asking about GBC and not DMG is that GBC's are really lot easier to get and they are cheaper too. Can you find a somekind of tutorial video about "making" RCA pro-sound? One thing about modding the DMG is that I am not totally comfortable about doing it cause the price and rarity of those consoles. So the main question at the moment is that could there really be a big difference in sound with GBC and DMG?

Last edited by H0bla (Feb 6, 2013 3:38 pm)

matt's mind

i'm under the impression a DMG will typically always be cheaper than a CGB, perhaps thats not the market everywhere though,

the DMG is a little easier to mod, imo, because the extra room inside the case (when compared to the other nintendo handhelds).