Philthydelphia

I take the negative threads and put a positive spin on them, usually through jokes and and sarcasm. It may not be appreciated by all, but its aim is to lighten the mood even slightly, so I succeeded in that even a little bit, then I feel my work has been done. All forums come with the good and bad, so you learn to embrace it. As I, too, am newer blood to the site, it certainly helps if you've got connections with the scene that can vouch for your legitimacy.

Men of Mega wrote:

.....I must say that it is sometimes just hard to tell by text if someone is being funny, cynical, sarcastic, or just an ass. That is probably because I am a retarded foreigner.......

My problem too.  It was difficult getting used to it here.

matt's mind

native speakers get 'textually-based confused' too, all the time.  i bet from a non first language perspective its sort of a nuts language really.  especially here maybe since we're all so witty

EVEN WHEN I JUST WANT TO ACCENTUATE MY LOVE FOR SOMEONE, it sort of looks like i'm pissed.  communication is funny

Earth

WE LOVE YOU. VERY MUCH.

>:(

A gray world of dread
kitsch wrote:

communication is funny

We all have emotional agnosia by design here.

That was meant ironically.

No it wasn't.

I said that with a funny voice.

While frowning angrily.

Brunswick, GA USA

I defuse angry people as part of my living, so sometimes it's hard to let something be. I'm content with most of what I've had to say.

Just remember that ostracism cuts both ways. If you figure, "that guy never did anything for me,  I don't need him in my life," that guy may easily think the same of you; you'll never know what might have been if you stayed in touch.

my mom's basement
Saskrotch wrote:

Or if it's about something shitty and childish like pokemon.

Take that back.

Finland
DeerPresident wrote:

get played on the radio, get paid, do copious amounts of blow, get an STD and play stadiums.

This sounds pretty awesome, apart STDs but hey, some good some bad.

Montreal, Canada

Space Travel Device*

UK, Leicester
Bit wish wrote:

Its not worth it posting one of these thread, although i agree with you.

Yeah, but you have said some pretty dumb shit.

kitsch wrote:

native speakers get 'textually-based confused' too, all the time.  i bet from a non first language perspective its sort of a nuts language really.  especially here maybe since we're all so witty

EVEN WHEN I JUST WANT TO ACCENTUATE MY LOVE FOR SOMEONE, it sort of looks like i'm pissed.  communication is funny

I can confirm this, seeing as I thought all the stuff in caps was you being angry

Chicago IL

I use caps to denote sarcasm since using caps when you're angry just makes you look like a spaz.

Douglas, Wyoming
Jellica wrote:

being insulted is better than being ignored. at least someone took time out to listen/read whatever you did.

So much this, I would rather have someone listen to my track and tell me it fucking sucks and why it fucking sucks then to see it have 20 plays and 0 comments.

Douglas, Wyoming

Wow, is it that time already?

Gosford, Australia

ugh, dat caption alignment

Los Angeles, CA
Victory Road wrote:

ugh, dat caption alignment

Why did you make me notice that!

Brunswick, GA USA