New Hampshire, United States

Hi there. My name is Jared. I'm from NH and have been playing music for 10 years or so. Got into chipmusic about 3 or 4 years ago. I make music with lsdj on a cgb and nanoloop 2.2 on a gba. i've also made stuff on nitrotracker for the ds.

cheers,
CriticalHit!

Solar System

Jared what subgenre you was composing before chipmusic...?

Math-rocky type stuff on guitar.

Solar System

Nice I think you can make chiprock hybrid... It will be cool!

Alive and well in fucksville

Hi my name is Tim and I'm an alcoholic. Not really, but I do like chiptunes. I like circuit bending stuff. I am determined to put all of the music theory I have had to use. I play guitar. I am learning piano from some old Bela Bartok books I found. I am in to alternative health. I will be doing tuning fork therapy within a couple of years to renew my massage therapy license. I plan on making a lot of massage music myself on a gameboy. I have been studying music therapy books and pulling chord progressions from songs to make a little chart for stimulative/ sedative music.

Matej wrote:

Nice I think you can make chiprock hybrid... It will be cool!

Yeah that's exactly what i was thinking. I would love to do something like Danimal Cannon. But it'll take a long time before i'm at that level.

Orange County,CA /Las Vegas NV

Hi I am Cuddle Television, I am a few months new to this site, it's enchanting.

I'M DESUMATE [desu-meyt],IVE BEEN LISTENING TO CHIP FOR LIEK 4 YEARS.
I MAKE MUSIC ON MY PRETTY PINK MGB.
IT'S PRETTY CRAZY, KINDA CHIPTHRASHY.
I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO MUSICAL EXPERIENCE PRIOR, EXCEPT MAYBE THE RECORDER IN THE FIRST GRADE.

Houston, Texas

Hi. My name is Jack. I live in Houston, Texas as I type this. I have not composed any chiptune music as of now, but I have a Game Boy Classic, and I have LSDj. All I need to do now is flash it onto a Game Boy cart, and learn how to compose and then I'll be good to go. I have been listening to chiptune for quite a while, maybe since I was 18 or 19. The first chiptune album I had ever purchased was Dawn Metropolis by Anamanaguchi. Since then, I have gotten the 8-bit Kraftwerk album and many more chiptune albums. Aside from chiptune, I am also an avid fan of early electronic music, as well as the sounds of a Moog synth. However, my true passion is animation. I love to draw, and I love to animate. I have my own Newgrounds, and my own DeviantART. Someday, I want to make an animated film, and compose the music for it. All I need is cash.

Any other questions?

nashvegas

Hello. I'm P∆SC∆L (or pxscxl, but always pronounced "pascal"). I have been passively involved/observing the chipscene for almost 6 years now. I've fiddled with LSDJ on my childhood DMG here and there, but am deciding to finally dive in and do more. So there.

Last edited by pxscxl (Apr 3, 2013 8:04 pm)

hi. im not sure what my name is. i am from britain.
i am 15 years old been playing classical guitar, piano and singing classically for a while now.
been dabbling with the chiptunes for a year or so, used to use famitracker, now im learning to use lsdj.
i am here to learn and, when i know enough, contribute.

Cedar Rapids, IA

Hey, I'm Brandon. I'm a journalism major stuck working in an overnight logistics position at Target while I search for something better. I started listening to chiptunes about 6 months ago after receiving a few albums from indie game bundles. I enjoyed it but didn't fall in love until hearing Nullsleep's Unconditional Acceleration after finding 8bitpeoples. Got pretty lucky finding an $8 DMG at a Video Games Etc. and have messed around with LSDJ a little. My only previous music experience was a few years going through band in junior high and high school (that I quit from the boredom of having to play someone else's musical tastes). I am trying hard to stay disciplined in studying chiptuning but have a history of jumping between several interests (video/board/card games and their design and learning programming are common ones I return to). I hope by trying to watch the community I can finally focus long enough to get something accomplished.

World

Last edited by luftek (Aug 8, 2017 8:21 pm)

Finland

I'm my.Explosion. I'm from Sweden.

I make some stuff that could be called music.
I use a DMG and LSDJ. I'm on *one* unit right now but I'm looking into getting at least another one.
My songs are therefore either chiptune hybrid songs with ordinary "dow-chika-dow", or just chiptunes that use 3 channels on the Game Boy. smile
They're not very good as I've pretty much just started making tunes on the Game Boy, but I try.

Here's a link to my soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/myexplosion/
Edit: Changed link...

Last edited by my.Explosion (Apr 23, 2013 9:41 pm)

California, United States

You have some cool tracks man, followed for sure smile welcome to cm.o!

Finland
Doxic wrote:

You have some cool tracks man, followed for sure smile welcome to cm.o!

WOW! Thank you so, so much! big_smile